White bean soup. Try this vegan Mediterranean White Bean Soup for lunch of dinner. It's a quick gluten free soup recipe that's filled with vegetables and plant-based protein. White beans, ham shanks, onions, celery, carrots, garlic, Tabasco, and herbs make this delicious ham and bean soup a cool weather classic.
Amazing Vegan White Bean Soup recipe that is hearty, comfy and full of flavor. This vegan white bean soup has gusto and body, which is perfect for cold wintry days. It's an easy dinner recipe for any cooking skill level and made for Instant Pot or stove. You can cook White bean soup using 18 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of White bean soup
- It’s 2 of pds white beans.
- You need 4 of pds pork chopped into 1 inch pieces.
- Prepare 4 slices of bacon.
- You need 1 of large onion (chopped).
- It’s 1 of bell pepper (chopped).
- It’s 5 cloves of garlic (minced).
- Prepare 2 of carrots (chopped).
- It’s 1 of jalapeno (minced).
- It’s 2 tbs of ginger (minced).
- You need 2 tbs of cumin.
- Prepare 1 tbs of onion and garlic powder.
- It’s 2 tbs of Worcestershire sauce.
- You need 5 of Knorr chicken bouillon cubes.
- It’s 1 tbs of salt.
- It’s 2 tsp of pepper.
- You need 1/2 tsp of cayenne pepper.
- It’s 2 tsp of dark chili powder.
- You need of Parmesan cheese for topping.
Kale soup with beans and veggies makes. Tuscan White Bean Soup is a simple soup made with fresh garden vegetables and white beans. The veggies give the soup added flavor along with all their nutrients, which are so important this time of. The One Smart Flavor Booster I Always Add to Soup.
White bean soup step by step
- Soak beans overnight or boil them for 5 minutes, remove from heat, cover and let sit for a couple of hours. Drain beans, remove any bad ones and set aside..
- Brown bacon (I use a Dutch oven) then side aside on a paper towel to absorb grease..
- Add pork and toss until slightly browned, then add vegetables and seasonings, (except for chicken bouillon) saute for 2 minutes..
- Add beans and cover with 2 inches of water. Add chicken bouillon. Bring to a rolling boil. Then turn heat to low, cover and cook for 2 1/2 to 3 hours. Stirring gently occasionally..
- If you would like to thicken your broth at the end, you can emulsify 1/3 of the beans and add then back to pot or mix TBS cornstarch with 1/4 cup cold water and add to pot 30 minutes before cooking time is complete..
- I serve mine with rice, bacon bits topped with parmesan cheese and peperoncini pepper..
I thickened the soup with white beans (half blended and half left whole for texture). For extra creaminess, I also blended in some raw cashews. If you're looking for a lighter more tomato-y soup. A light broth loaded with chunky Great Northern beans and topped with a sprinkling of bacon, this soup was inspired by the caldo gallego (a Spanish white-bean soup) that chef Jose Garces serves. This white bean soup, with smoky thick-cut bacon and hearty vegetables, is so comforting when a bowl of coziness is what's craved.