Easiest Way to Make Perfect Carrot Soup w/ Coconut and Lemongrass
Carrot Soup w/ Coconut and Lemongrass.
You can have Carrot Soup w/ Coconut and Lemongrass using 12 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Carrot Soup w/ Coconut and Lemongrass
- You need 2 tbsp of sunflower oil.
- It’s 1 of onion, chopped.
- It’s 1 of lemongrass stalk, trimmed and tough outer layer discarded.
- You need 2 clove of garlic, chopped.
- It’s 2 tsp of finely grated ginger.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of red thai curry paste.
- You need 1 lb of carrots, sliced.
- You need 1 quart of hot vegetable stock.
- Prepare 3 of kaffir lime leaves.
- You need 1 of fresh ground black pepper.
- You need 6 oz of coconut milk.
- You need 1 of lime.
Carrot Soup w/ Coconut and Lemongrass step by step
- In large saucepan heat oil and add onion. Cook for 3-4 mins until soft..
- Next add lemongrass, ginger, and garlic and cook for 2 mins. Add curry paste and cook for 1 min stirring all the time..
- Add carrots and cook for 2 mins..
- Add the vegetable stock and lime leaves and simmer for 20-25 mins until carrots are tender..
- Remove from heat and discard lime leaves. Add coconut milk and puree the soup in a food processor..
- Garnish with black pepper and serve with a lime wedge..