Easiest Way to Make Appetizing Italian Wedding Soup
Italian Wedding Soup. We Have Almost Everything On eBay. Stir in the cheese, beef and pork. After reading everyone elses reviews this is what I did to make the best Italian wedding soup I've EVER tasted.
In a Dutch oven, brown meatballs in small batches; drain. In large sauce pan, heat broth to boiling; stir in spinach, orzo, carrot& meatballs. I used to be intimidated to make Italian Wedding Soup. You can cook Italian Wedding Soup using 19 ingredients and 2 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Italian Wedding Soup
- Prepare 1 of For the meatballs.
- Prepare 3/4 lb of ground beef.
- You need 3/4 lb of ground pork.
- You need 2/3 cup of bread crumbs.
- Prepare 4 clove of gatlic minced.
- It’s 1 1/2 tsp of oregeno.
- It’s 1 1/2 tsp of basil.
- It’s 2 tsp of parsley.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of parmesan cheese.
- Prepare 3 tbsp of milk.
- It’s of Soup.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of olive oil.
- Prepare 1 cup of minced yellow onion.
- It’s 1 cup of diced onion.
- You need 3/4 cup of diced celery.
- Prepare 10 cup of chicken stock.
- You need 1/2 cup of white wine.
- Prepare 1 1/2 cup of Ditalini or other small pasta.
- It’s 6 oz of baby spinach washed and trimmed.
I have no Italian lineage and my mom never made it growing up, so for whatever reason it seemed easy to mess up. But I'm here to tell you it is so easy to make and following this simple recipe people may likely think it was passed down from an Italian Grandmother. In a medium bowl, combine the beef, egg, bread crumbs, cheese, basil and onion. Wedding soup consists of green vegetables (usually endive and escarole or cabbage, lettuce, kale, and/or spinach) and meat (usually meatballs and/or sausage, the latter sometimes made of chicken and containing Italian parsley and parmesan cheese) in a clear chicken-based broth.
Italian Wedding Soup instructions
- Preheat oven to 350° combine meatball ingredients in a bowl and stir gently with a fork. Form into 1 inch meatballs, place the meatballs on a baking sheet lined with foil and bake meatballs for 25 minutes until cooked through and lightly browned..
- In the meantime for the soup heat the olive oil over medium-low heat in a large Dutch oven add the onion, carrots and celery and salt until softened 5 to 6 minutes. Stirring occasionally add the chicken stock and wine and bring to a boil .Add the pasta to the simmering broth and cook for 6 to 8 minutes until the pasta is tender. Add the meatballs to the soup and simmer for one minute. Stir in the fresh spinach and cook for 1 minute until the spinach is just wilted. Served hot..
Wedding soup sometimes contains pasta (usually cavatelli, fusilli, acini di pepe, pastina, orzo, etc. In the meantime, for the soup, heat the olive oil over medium-low heat in a large heavy-bottomed soup pot. Italian Wedding Soup is warm and comforting and filled with tender chicken meatballs, carrots, spinach, and acici de pepe. This classic Italian soup will become and instant family favorite! We love a good warm bowl of soup at our house.