How to Prepare Yummy Lotus Root And Peanut Soup
Lotus Root And Peanut Soup. Lotus root is the root of the lotus plant and is found underwater. It grows in segments and each segment has hollow tubes running through it. This method is used for herbal soups and delicate ingredients like bird's nests and sharks fins.
Hot and healthy soups are always comforting in cold days. Lotus root soup with pork bones and deep-fried stuffed lotus roots are quintessential Hubei Spring Festival dishes. Lotus root soup can be boiled any time of the year but this slow-cooked Chinese soup is commonly served during Chinese New Year for its auspicious significance. You can cook Lotus Root And Peanut Soup using 5 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Lotus Root And Peanut Soup
- Prepare 6 cup of cut lotus root.
- Prepare 900 grams of pork rib or chicken.
- It’s 2 cup of peanut.
- Prepare 1 1/2 liter of water.
- You need 1 tsp of salt.
Lotus roots signify abundance while peanuts signify wealth. When I think about this Lotus Root and Pork Soup (莲藕排骨汤), a very happy childhood memory comes to mind. When I was little and living in Hubei, the lotus harvest was always. Ingredients to prepare Chinese lotus root and peanuts soup.
Lotus Root And Peanut Soup instructions
- Remove skin from lotus the chop into medium bite size.
- Bring a pot of water to a boil then Quick blanch pork rib or chicken then drain and set aside.
- Put all ingredients into pressure cooker on high for 30 to 35 minute, if cooking on stove, bring it to a boil then let it simmer in Low heat for 45 minutes.
- Season with salt then simmer for another 3 minute.
- Today Simple Soup, Lotus Root In Pork Soup.
You can even use bone-in chicken if you. This lotus root soup is healthy and absolutely delicious. I know that a bowl of easy Chinese soup such as Peanut with Lotus Root Soup will always hit the spot…. BUT I always find the soup alone not satisfying as the old Chinese saying: breakfast is the most important meal of the day. Peanuts and lotus root pair well together for this soup.