How to Make Yummy Thai Coconut Soup
Thai Coconut Soup.
You can have Thai Coconut Soup using 13 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Thai Coconut Soup
- It’s 2 of Stalks lemon grass.
- Prepare 6 of Coin size slices fresh ginger , unpeeled.
- Prepare 4 clove of garlic, unpeeled.
- It’s 2 of Fresh chile (Serrano or jalapeño).
- It’s 24 oz of Low fat chicken broth.
- It’s 3/4 cup of Light coconut milk.
- Prepare 3 tbsp of Corn starch.
- You need 3 tbsp of Lime juice.
- It’s 2 tsp of Fish sauce (or soy).
- Prepare 2 of Scallions to slice for toppings.
- It’s 1/4 cup of Cilantro for toppings.
- Prepare 8 oz of Chicken (I large chicken Breast).
- Prepare 8 small of to medium shiitake mushrooms sliced thin (stems removed).
Thai Coconut Soup step by step
- 1) trim lemon grass of root ends and outer leaves. Cut into 2 inch lengths. Smash each piece with flat of knife. Crush ginger and garlic (don't peel) with knife too. Trim stems from chiles, cut in half lengthwise and smash. (If you like spicy heat leave seeds)..
- Place crushed lemongrass, garlic, ginger and chilies in a wide pan and pour in broth. Bring to a simmer..
- Add chicken breasts to broth. Cover and simmer gently over low heat until chicken is cooked. (10-12 mins). With tongs transfer chicken to board. Cut chicken into thin strips or shred with fork before adding back into the soup..
- Bring broth to a boil and boil for five minutes to intensify flavors. Strain broth into saucepan, press on solids to extract juices, stir in coconut milk and heat through medium heat..
- Stir together cornstarch, 2 tablespoons lime juice and 1 teaspoon fish sauce in small bowl. Add to the soup and cook stirring until simmering and slightly thickened. (2-3 minutes)..
- Add chicken and mushrooms. Season with more lime or fish sauce to taste. Serve with toppings of cilantro and green onions..