Recipe: Tasty Wonton soup
Wonton soup. Fold wonton in half diagonally to create a triangle, and seal the edges. Fold the two identical corners in on each other and press again to seal. Repeat until all wonton wrappers are filled.
Wonton soup If you've ever had store bought frozen wontons or wontons from a good value Chinese place that probably uses frozen wontons, you will be amazed how different homemade ones are. The main difference is the texture of the filling – because homemade wontons are made with just pure fresh ingredients, NO mysterious fillers! In a large saucepan or soup pot heat the oil over medium high heat until hot. You can have Wonton soup using 11 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Wonton soup
- You need of wonton wrappers.
- Prepare of boneless lean pork chopped finely..
- It’s of soy sauce.
- It’s of oyster sauce.
- It’s of a few drops seaseme oil.
- You need of half teaspoon sugar.
- It’s of green onion finely minced.
- You need of cornstarch.
- Prepare of half teaspoon grated freash ginger.
- It’s of water for boiling wonton.
- You need of 5 cups chicken stock.
Sometimes called "skins," wonton wrappers are often available in the produce aisle of supermarkets. Look for them next to egg-roll wrappers and tofu. Whenever we're ordering take-out, wonton soup is always a must. See, I have a major thing for wontons.
Wonton soup instructions
- Combine all 8 ingredients in a bowl mix well. No need to pre cook meat..
- Moisten edges of wonton with water put teaspoon of filling in center..
- Fold in half length wise press down to seal. Take both ends bring together seal with water should resemble a nurses cap..
- Boil water in big pot leave enough room for those baby to swim in. Boil 5-8 minutes until they rise to top remove with slotted spoon ..
- Cut some scallions and throw in soup.
- Bring chicken stock to a boil.add wonton back to stock throw in scallions a n sesame oil. Enjoy.
- Finish result.
But little did I know that the homemade version is unbelievably easy. Wonton Soup is like the chicken noodle soup of Chinese cooking. With its nourishing broth, vegetables and protein-filled pasta, it provides all the comfort needed to turn a gloomy day around. Best of all, it's the kind of soup that you can enjoy all year round. Wonton soup is one of the most popular Chinese recipes.