Easiest Way to Cook Appetizing My Mom's Spanish bean soup
My Mom's Spanish bean soup. These quick soup recipes, along with chili and chowder recipes, are no-fuss. Yes, canned beans are convenient, but knowing how to cook dried beans gives you flexibility, and makes for a far more delicious meal. Get the recipe for Butternut Squash and White Bean Soup ».
There was also a lot of Jell-O, pork and beans and cream-style corn. Much of my education is based on trial and error, with a little help from bean experts such as Rancho Gordo's Steve Sando. A Bit of Relief: 'Soup Is Soup'. my mom trying to cook it. You can have My Mom's Spanish bean soup using 12 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of My Mom's Spanish bean soup
- It’s 5 lb of potatoes.
- You need 1 gallon of chickpeas.
- You need 1 tbsp of saffron threads.
- It’s 1 of large hambone.
- It’s 1/2 lb of ham.
- Prepare 1 1/4 lb of beef chuck steak.
- It’s 1/4 lb of salt pork.
- It’s 12 cup of water.
- You need 3/4 lb of Spanish chorizo sausage the one from Spain.
- You need 2 of large onions.
- You need of salt.
- Prepare 1/3 cup of minced garlic, the mild quarter cup strong garlic.
There's something about the way she makes it that is so uniquely hers.. with something like either string beans or peas. Stir in sherry vinegar, wine and olives, and bring to a boil. Remove both bay leaves, and adjust salt and pepper to taste. Remove from heat and add sugar.
My Mom's Spanish bean soup instructions
- In a huge pot add 10 cups of water. Bring to boil..
- Add your meats. Cover cook till done. Take the meat out. Take the meat off the bone. Then chop all of meat into bite sized pieces..
- Add all the meat back into the soup. Here is an option chop the onions and add into soup, or leave whole if some doesn't like to eat onions. Add last 2 cups of water..
- Add garlic and saffron. Stir well. While it boils, peel the potatoes chop into cubes. Add into pot along with the chickpeas..
- Cook till potatoes are fork tender over low heat. Serve with Cuban bread, hope you enjoy!.
- This soup can be frozen. Just add water to thin out when you defrost it.
With the help of Amy's Kitchen Recipes, you too can cook delicious vegetarian or vegan meals that start with the best organic and non-GMO ingredients. Try a new take on tortilla soup by adding chipotle-spiked meatballs to the mix. Use a few extra chipotle chiles to spice up a pot of beans, rice, stews, or canola mayonnaise. Spinach and White Bean Soup For me, soup is love, comfort, happiness and memories. With all its veggies and beans, this one appeals to my "kitchen sink" style of cooking.