Easiest Way to Prepare Perfect ABC Soup
ABC Soup. ABC soup is a nourishing soup cooked with potatoes, carrots, tomatoes, onions and pork ribs/bones or chicken. This nutritious ABC soup with many vitamins contained therein is baby/child-friendly. Easy recipe for Chinese "ABC" Soup – Pork Ribs with Potatoes, Carrots and Assorted Vegetables.
ABC soup is one of those dishes that are so easy to make that many parents teach their children to make it from an early age. It is also the go-to recipe for many students studying overseas where all. ABC soup sounds like it contains alphabets inside the soup right? You can cook ABC Soup using 7 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of ABC Soup
- It’s of Pork bones (or 1/2 chicken).
- It’s of tomato.
- Prepare of potatoes.
- Prepare of onion.
- Prepare of corn on the cob.
- You need of carrot.
- Prepare of water.
There are many reasons as to how this soup got its name but my guess is it's simply because it's as easy to make as A-B-C! ABC soup – traditional Malaysian recipe with chicken. In case you're still wondering why it's called ABC soup That said, A stands for Vitamin A. B stands for Vitamin B and as you can probably guess, C.
ABC Soup instructions
- Wash the ingredients thoroughly. Peel and skin the carrot, potatoes, onions. Peel off the ears of the corn, remove the corn silks.
- Wash the meat (both chicken and pork bones work fine)..
- Blanch the meat, then run under running water for about 10 seconds.
- In a separate pot, bring the water to boil, then add in the ingredients. Bring to low heat and let the soup simmer for around 1hr..
- Add salt to taste..
Instead of opening a can of alphabet soup, why not make some from scratch? Rinse pork ribs and trim off excess fats (if any). ABC soup is as easy as ABC to make. It's nourishing, uses very simple ingredients, and just so tasty! Great for a cold day or when you feel like something.