Cabbage and beef soup. Discover Tasty Braised Beef Soup Made W/ Chickpeas & Mushrooms. A great tasting versatile soup that lets the cabbage be the star. I used black angus ground round and low sodium beef broth instead of the water and beef bouillon granules with petite diced tomatoes.
Great for a crowd, or to be enjoyed again as leftovers. Beef and Cabbage soup is so hearty and filled with beef and tons of amazing and tender veggies. This soup is healthy and delicious and full of flavor! You can cook Cabbage and beef soup using 16 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Cabbage and beef soup
- Prepare of ground beef.
- You need of minced garlic.
- It’s of medium onion (diced).
- Prepare of celery (sliced).
- Prepare of medium bell pepper (diced).
- Prepare of small cabbage (shredded).
- Prepare of medium carrots.
- It’s of diced tomato.
- It’s of tomato sauce.
- It’s of chicken broth.
- It’s of pork broth.
- You need of salt.
- Prepare of pepper.
- You need of caraway seed.
- Prepare of Suggested sides:.
- Prepare of Irish soda bread.
Beef and Cabbage Soup We have had quite the mild winter here in Utah. And last week, we got dumped with snow. And… In large pot or dutch oven, brown beef and onion. You may add extra water if you like a thinner soup.
Cabbage and beef soup step by step
- Brown ground beef with garlic, onion, bell pepper, salt and pepper. Drain..
- Add diced tomato, tomato sauce, chicken broth, pork broth and caraway seed to meat mixture. Bring to boil..
- Add cabbage, carrots, and celery to mixture. Simmer on low for 30 minutes..
This is a thick and hearty soup. The cabbage really makes the soup. I got it from The Best Of Country Cooking (second edition) cook book. I have shared this recipe many times because it is simple yet delicious, especially on a cold day. The Beef and Cabbage soup is absolutely delicious!!!