Bok Choy Soup. I bought bok choy with no idea how to use it. Heat butter in a stock pot over medium heat; add bok choy, mushrooms, green onions, garlic, and ginger. Combine broth, water, celery, scallion whites, garlic, ginger, and chile in a medium saucepan; bring to a boil over high heat.
Let's take a look at what the best recipes of bok choy. Ginger Garlic Noodle Soup with Bok Choy is a nutritious, comforting, and flu-fighting twenty-minute recipe made with a vegetarian broth, noodles, mushrooms, and baby bok choy. You can easily make this Bok Choy Soup your own by adding chicken, shrimp, spicy chilis, or other veggies. You can have Bok Choy Soup using 14 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Bok Choy Soup
- You need 1 head of bok choy.
- You need 1 of medium onion (chopped).
- It’s 1 Tablespoon of minced garlic.
- You need 1/2 cup of soy sauce.
- You need 1 Tablespoon of fish sauce.
- It’s 2 Tablespoons of butter.
- Prepare 8 cups of water.
- You need 1 cube of beef bouillon.
- It’s 1 cube of pork bouillon.
- It’s 1 teaspoon of ground black pepper.
- Prepare 3 teaspoons of salt.
- You need 1/2-1 teaspoon of crushed red pepper flakes.
- You need of Serve with:.
- Prepare of White rice.
Separate the bok choy leaves from the stems and slice. Heat oil in a medium pot over a medium-high heat. I like to keep this soup simple. The Bok Choy should be the main star in this soup.
Bok Choy Soup step by step
- Wash bok choy and cut in 1/2 inch to 1inch square pieces. Separate greens and stalk and set aside..
- Melt butter in 5 quart pot. Saute onion and garlic until onion is translucent. Add bok choy stalk and cook until soft, about five minutes. Add soy sauce and ground black pepper and stir until well coated..
- Add water to pot and bring to a boil. Add fish sauce, beef bouillon, pork bouillon, salt, and crushed red pepper. Bring mixture back to a boil stirring occasionally..
- Mix bok choy greens in pot and bring back to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer until greens and stalks and desired tenderness, about 30 minutes..
Other ingredients simply compliment the bok choy. The soup flavors are balanced aromatic and contain light Asian flavors to pep it up. Garlic and Ginger go hand in hand and enhance the subtle bok choy flavors. Rhonda Parkinson is a freelance writer who has authored many cookbooks, including two Everything guides to Chinese cooking. Learn about The Spruce Eats' Editorial Process.