Basic Meat & Veg Soup You Can Riff On. In a large bowl, combine the beef, egg, onion, milk and bread OR cracker crumbs. We've got you covered for dinner every week of the year with these easy and cheap chicken, ground beef, and tilapia recipes. Your Basic Food benefits are based on your family size and income.
Easy weeknight friendly spaghetti and meat sauce that's made completely from scratch. Use ground beef, turkey, pork, chicken or lamb to make this simple spaghetti recipe. Jump to the Easy Weeknight Spaghetti with Meat Sauce Recipe or read on to see our tips for making it. You can cook Basic Meat & Veg Soup You Can Riff On using 8 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Basic Meat & Veg Soup You Can Riff On
- It’s of meat (chicken, pork, or beef, preferably with some fat on it) cut into 1-inch pieces. I used pork today.
- Prepare of water.
- You need of large onion, peeled and diced into 1/2 inch pieces.
- You need of medium carrots, peeled and cut into 1/2-inch thick disks.
- Prepare of canned tomatoes (crushed, diced, sauced, pureed are all fine).
- Prepare of + 1 teaspoon salt.
- Prepare of medium potatoes, peeled and cut into 1-inch cubes.
- Prepare of Other veg, spices, and starches as you like. See last steps for some variations.
And once you have mastered this best basic meatloaf recipe, you can trick it out and make it your own. Consider crazy glazes, wrapping the whole thing in bacon, or swapping out some — or all — of the recommended meats for another ground meat. Not like we need another meatloaf recipe, but I figured I'd should post my Grandma's for people like me who like a quick easy meatloaf without a lot of fuss. Never stress over meal time again thanks to our roundup of quick, easy dinner ideas.
Basic Meat & Veg Soup You Can Riff On step by step
- In a large pot, add meat and water, turn on heat to medium high and cook, covered, for about 20 minutes. Meat takes longer to cook to tenderness than veg does, so you want to give it a head start. When the meat has come to a boil for two or three minutes, you might like to skim the scum (just loose proteins and other particulate stuff from the meat rising to the surface). You don't have to, but it looks better..
- Turn the heat down to medium low and add carrots and onions..
- Then add tomatoes and salt, give it a few gentle stirs, cover, and simmer for another 15 minutes. This is a good step to add your optional herbs and spices. (See last steps for suggestions.).
- Add potatoes, cover, and simmer another 20 minutes or so. If you want to add a maybe 3/4 cups of white rice or a cup of pasta for more starch and body, this would be a good time to add it. If you do, you'll probably also want to add 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon more salt..
- Looks super basic, but it's pretty tasty! I like to garnish with a little green onion and fresh herbs.
- OPTIONS: For something Minestrone-ish, you could add another cup of tomatoes, 1 Tablespoon of Italian herbs, a can of beans, and a little pasta. For Tortilla soup-ish flavor, you could add 2 teaspoons cumin, 1 Tablespoon oregano, 1 bay leaf, half a bell pepper chopped, some chopped cilantro, and a few good squeezes of fresh lime..
- MORE OPTIONS: If you like kale, you can just throw a bag of it in Step 2 of the process (kale takes a while to get tender). Add a package of Italian sausage either cut or pulled into bite sized pieces, a cup of cream, and 1 teaspoon of garlic powder in Step 3 and it'll remind you of Zuppa Toscana. **Keep in mind all these optional suggestions will probably require an additional teaspoon or so of salt. Enjoy! :).
Having a well-stocked kitchen makes meal planning easier. Use this basic foods checklist for some ideas to help stock your pantry, refrigerator, and freezer for simple meals. Personalize the list with foods you frequently use. By Gabriella Vigoreaux and Becca Miller Peter McLoughlin's Easy Meat is a harrowing step-by-step chronicle of how Britain is doing just that, by sacrificing its girls to the idols of multiculturalism and political correctness. In just a few easy steps, learn how to make the perfect omelet.