Easiest Way to Make Tasty Pork, Leek And Onion Soup
Pork, Leek And Onion Soup. Great recipe for Pork, Leek And Onion Soup. Light flavors shine through in this soup. Healthy, filling and easy to prepare.
Heat a soup pot over medium-high heat with enough olive oil to coat bottom. Once hot, add in diced leeks, onion, and garlic. When leek/onion mixture is done, add in pork and brown on all sides. You can have Pork, Leek And Onion Soup using 15 ingredients and 15 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Pork, Leek And Onion Soup
- It’s of soup.
- You need of boneless pork, diced into small cubes.
- You need of leek.
- You need of white onion, thinly sliced.
- You need of olive oil, extra virgin.
- It’s of sesame oil.
- Prepare of salt, divided.
- It’s of grinds of fresh black pepper or to taste.
- Prepare of baby kale.
- You need of garlic, minced.
- Prepare of chicken broth.
- It’s of soy sauce to add to finished servings.
- Prepare of .1 ounce bag of udon noodles.
- It’s of fennel seeds.
- You need of white wine.
After browning meat, add in salt, pepper, chicken stock, and tomato paste. See great recipes for Pork, Leek And Onion Soup too! Preheat a soup pot to low medium temperature. Add olive oil, leeks, onion, and shallots.
Pork, Leek And Onion Soup step by step
- Pull outer leaves off of leek. Cut off top green part, root end and slice thin..
- In a large bowl of cold water, place sliced leeks, breaking apart rings. Soak for 10 minutes then stir to help remove dirt. Using a strainer, scoop out leeks trying not to disturb water much leaving dirt and sediment at bottom pf bowl..
- In a large sauce pan heat olive oil over medium heat..
- Add sliced onions , sprinkle a touch of salt over onions and saute for 5 minutes..
- Add in garlic and cook another minute..
- Using a bit more of the salt and all of the pepper, season pork cubes before adding to pot with onions..
- Cook for 4-5 minutes until pork shows no pink color..
- Add in sesame oil and fennel seed..
- Turn heat up to medium high and add in white wine..
- Cook for 4 minutes to cook out alcohol content..
- Now add in broth, leeks and kale. Lower heat back to medium. Taste now for salt content. Add a pinch extra if needed until desired taste..
- Cover and simmer for 20 minutes..
- Uncover, turn off heat and add udon noodles. Let sit 2 minutes. Stir and serve..
- You may add a splash or two of soy sauce to each serving..
- Recipe.by taylor68too..
Add salt pepper, thyme, bay leaves. Cook until golden brown, stirring occasionally. Add broth and hot sauce, cover and bring to a boil. Super easy homemade pork and potato soup recipe is the best way to use leftover pork. It's thick and creamy – almost like a stew – but dairy-free (no cream cheese).