How to Make Delicious David's pork tortilla soup
David's pork tortilla soup. Great recipe for David's pork tortilla soup. This is a simple recipe that I made while looking for uses for leftover pulled pork. The added fat and smoky flavor that comes from the pork really makes it special.
Add corn, chicken stock, lime juice, pulled pork, and cilantro. After letting the flavors meld, dish it up and top it off with your favorite extras, including crispy tortilla chips. Our resident foodie develops recipes to share with viewers and the online community every week. You can cook David's pork tortilla soup using 21 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of David's pork tortilla soup
- You need 2 cups of smoked pulled pork.
- Prepare 2 cups of chicken stock.
- Prepare 1 (12 oz) of lager beer.
- You need 1 of small white onion.
- It’s 3-4 cloves of garlic, minced.
- Prepare 1 cup of corn.
- You need 1 can of black beans.
- Prepare 1 can of fire roasted tomatoes, crushed or pulsed in a blender.
- It’s 2 tsp of chili powder.
- You need 1 tsp of cumin.
- You need 1 of jalapeno, sliced.
- It’s 1 tbsp of butter.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of cooking oil.
- It’s 1 tbsp of corn flour or masa mix.
- You need of Garnish.
- You need of Sour cream.
- You need of Colby Jack, shredded.
- You need of Cilantro.
- Prepare strips of Fried corn tortilla.
- Prepare slices of Avocado.
- It’s of Fresh squeezed lime.
Click on the links below to see David's favorites, and click here to see what he used to prepare them. From light and healthy fare to Southern comfort food, these recipes are sure to be a success. Great recipe for "Hawaiian" pulled pork street tacos. These might be my favorite tacos ever!
David's pork tortilla soup step by step
- Heat butter and oil in a pot. add onion and jalapeno to soften. Add garlic and cook another couple minutes..
- Stir in drained beans, corn, chili powder and cumin. Add tomatoes, beer, stock and pulled pork..
- Add corn flour and bring to simmer. Cook for about another 20 minutes uncovered, stirring occasionally..
- Ladle into bowls and top with garnish.
Sweet and savory with a spicy kick. This works best with smoked pork, but crock pot pulled pork seasoned with pork rub and a little liquid smoke works if you must. In large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. David shares his recipe for Tortilla Soup. Easy to make using rotisserie chicken." – Babs.