Recipe: Perfect 15 bean soup with pork
15 bean soup with pork. This will add a thickening effect to the soup. Just divide it up after cooking, cool, then transfer to the freezer for long term. This hearty bean soup makes a perfect lunch or supper with cornbread or a crusty loaf of French bread.
Cover the pot with a lid and soak the beans overnight. This is one of our favorite meals and just about everyone I know goes crazy over it. Smoked pork or chicken sausage would taste amazing in this ham and bean soup! You can have 15 bean soup with pork using 10 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of 15 bean soup with pork
- It’s 1 lbs of dry 15 bean (2).
- You need 1/2 package of large assorted pork chops.
- It’s 1 tbsp of dried, minced onion.
- It’s 2 tsp of salt (divided).
- It’s 1 tsp of pepper (divided).
- You need 1 tsp of smoked paprika.
- It’s of Flavor packets that come with beans.
- You need 1 of cap full liquid smoke.
- It’s 1/3 c of vegetable oil or butter.
- It’s of Pre soak beans overnight if you can.
Filled with fifteen different kinds of beans, healthy vegetables, and tender leftover ham in every bite, this easy to prepare and. The lentils cook down and help thicken things, and the big chubby You are free to use the pork/ham product of your choice – using a leftover ham bone works great. I just toss my ham bone in a zipper-topped freezer. Season the pork with the salt and pepper and place the pork in the pan.
15 bean soup with pork instructions
- Mix half of paprika, salt and pepper. Debone the pork chops and season both sides, pat seasoning into meat..
- Brown both sides of the meat. Get a good sear going in the pot. I use a Dutch oven (as always lol) you can season and sear some of the bigger bones for additional flavor if you like..
- When meat is nicely browned, add your beans and fill over with water about an inch and a half. Stir well to release sear. Cover and bring to a boil then reduce heat to simmer and cook for one hour..
- Add the rest of your seasonings and flavor packets, cook for another 30 to 45 minutes until beans are tender..
- Stir gently and try not to over stir or it will keep thickening up. Serve with rice..
Add in the pinto beans, cannellini beans and the pulled pork. Stir in the kale and cook for a further minute. It has great flavor, the perfect amount of seasoning and a hint of smokiness. Adding the seasoning towards the end of cooking gives this soup an amazing flavor boost. I save a little time by making this soup in the Instant Pot.