Old Winter Melon Pork Soup. Winter melon soup is a soothing and comforting dish that is indispensable during the cold winter days. The winter melon is cooked in a rich pork broth until soft. The moist and tender pork meatballs make a simple dish taste especially fulfilling.
But I've also seen it in stir-fries with salted pork or. Chinese winter melon soup is a traditional dish that features this mild tasting fruit. This recipe features shiitake mushrooms and ham. You can cook Old Winter Melon Pork Soup using 10 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Old Winter Melon Pork Soup
- It’s 1 of old cucumber melon.
- You need 20 of red dates.
- You need 4 tbsp of wolfberry (goji berries).
- Prepare 3 of candied dates.
- It’s 950 grams of pork bone and meat.
- It’s 1 1/2 liter of water.
- You need 1 of corn cob optional add on.
- Prepare of seasoning.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of light soy sauce.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of salt.
It is easy to add to this simple soup without altering the recipe's intention. Feel free to replace the ham with barbecued pork and/or shrimp, or add along with the ham. Ingredients to prepare Chinese winter melon soup. Winter melon (Chinese: 冬瓜) is widely consumed throughout Asia in savory dishes and sweets.
Old Winter Melon Pork Soup step by step
- Blanch pork then drain set aside,this is old cucumber melon.
- Deseeded old cucumber melon.
- Put all ingredient into preasure cooker on high for 30 minutes.
- Add salt dont stir and then simmer for another 3.minute.
- ANOTHER SERVING OPTION,,,scrap the flesh of the cooked old cucumber with a spoon then plate it with 2pieces of the pork and soup.
- Old Melon Pork Soup.
Now we can start cooking our winter melon soup. In a pot, boil together blanched pork ribs, water, winter melon, squid/cuttlefish (if using), and red dates. Winter melon also known as Ash Gourd is quite popular in China. We grow several winter melon vines almost every year when I was still young. Winter melon soup is reputed to be good for weight loss and anti-swelling.