Easiest Way to Make Yummy Bitter Gourd And Tofu Pork Soup
Bitter Gourd And Tofu Pork Soup. Bitter gourd, also called Bitter melon, has an acquired taste. You either love the bitter taste or you hate it. Bitter gourd soup is very often cooked by the chinese when the weather is hot as it is believed to have cooling properties.
Goya Champuru (ゴーヤチャンプル) is a popular stir fry dish that came from the sunny island of Okinawa in southern. This is a simple to cook yet nutritious soup. Many Chinese would have heard it from the elderly that bitter-melon soup is believed to help reduce the 'heaty' inside one's body (降火). You can have Bitter Gourd And Tofu Pork Soup using 9 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Bitter Gourd And Tofu Pork Soup
- You need 300 grams of ground pork.
- It’s 1 of bitter gourd (thinly slice).
- Prepare 1 pack of soft tofu.
- You need 2 of garlic and 4 small onion (pounded).
- It’s 2 inches of pounded ginger.
- Prepare 10 of small shallot (thinly slice).
- Prepare 1 tbsp of light soy sauce.
- Prepare of Season with salt and pepper.
- Prepare of Optional add on small Chili pepper / spring onion.
Heard from a friend (SY) that if added tofu in the bitter-melon soup would have some medication effect and would be more effective to reduce 'heaty'. Cut the bitter gourd in half lengthwise, use a spoon to scoop out the seeds and white pulp. In a large soup pot, add water, red dates, blanched pork ribs, carrots and bitter gourd. This simple bitter melon soup (canh khổ qua) is a classic Vietnamese preparation often served at family dinners and is equally simple to make.
Bitter Gourd And Tofu Pork Soup instructions
- With oil deep fry the shallot till its lightly brown but not burn then drain and set aside as garnish.
- Pan fried garlic, ginger and onion with the minces pork(season with 2 tsp of salt) for 1 minutes then add in the water and bring it to a boil.
- Add in the slice bitter gourd and tofu and let it simmer for 10 minutes then season it and off heat (optional add on small Chili pepper).
- To serve it as a soup simply garnish with a drizzle a little of the shallot oil and TOP with some crispy shallot and spring onion and small Chili pepper.
- Remake Tonight Bitter Gourd And Carrot Pork Soup.
Use the same Vietnamese pork stuffing as in our stuff tomatoes , stuffed tofu , and stuffed squid. My latest Japan Times Japanese Kitchen column is about bitter gourd or bitter melon, which is a major part of Okinawan cuisine along with tofu, pork, and other things. As I explain in the article, while the most common Japanese name for this rather ugly vegetable is nigauri (苦瓜), since it's so closely associated with Okinawan cooking it's often called by goya or go-ya-too, its Okinawan name. Bitter Melon (also known as bitter gourd, bitter squash and balsam-pear) is a sour squash that is a great addition to stir fries and soups. Bitter melon soup has cooling and anti-inflammatory effects and helps the body to detox and lower cholesterol.