Easiest Way to Make Delicious Molo Soup (Filipino Pork Dumpling Soup)
Molo Soup (Filipino Pork Dumpling Soup). I simmer a potful of chicken broth with celery, onions, scallions and fish sauce or 'patis'. Into this rapidly boiling broth, I toss in the pork-filled wonton dumplings. On days you have time, make a huge batch of pork-filled wontons.
It composed of a mixture of pork mince (ground pork) wrapped in molo or wonton wrapper, shredded chicken meat, and also prawns. This video will show you how to cook Panlasang Pinoy's Pancit Molo version. This involves the use of rotisserie chicken to make the soup base very flavorful. You can have Molo Soup (Filipino Pork Dumpling Soup) using 15 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Molo Soup (Filipino Pork Dumpling Soup)
- Prepare 1/2 of k ground pork.
- Prepare 1 of large carrot, diced.
- You need 2 of medium onions, chopped.
- You need 1/2 of small garlic head, chopped.
- Prepare 2 of eggs, beaten.
- Prepare 1 bunch of Green onions, chopped.
- You need 1 of dash, flour.
- It’s 1 packet of Molo wrappers.
- It’s 1 bunch of leeks, chopped.
- It’s 1 of pot, chicken broth from chicken parts.
- Prepare of Cooked chicken, deboned (in strips).
- You need 1/2-1 of chicken bullion cube.
- Prepare to taste of Salt.
- You need to taste of Pepper.
- Prepare 1-2 T of Cooking oil.
I consider this as a dish fit for the. Add a dash of flour, sprinkling over the top then mix in. I am kind of confused, I always associate Pancit with noodles and since this is a soup recipe with pork dumplings, the name of the recipe seems a misnomer. As always memories are evoked by cooking Filipino food whether its of friends or its of family.
Molo Soup (Filipino Pork Dumpling Soup) step by step
- Broth: Cook chicken parts in water (don't fill to the top as it might overflow when u add the dumplings) and season with salt, pepper and bullion until desired taste is acquired. Once cooked, remove chicken parts and debone, then cut in strips and set aside..
- Filling: Combine ground pork, carrots, 3/4 of the chopped onions and garlic (leave the rest for the soup), and a handful of green onions. Mix well with your hands. Add a dash of flour, sprinkling over the top then mix in. Season with salt and pepper..
- Dumplings: Fill molo wrappers with the Pork mix filling..
- Preparing the soup: Sauté remaining onions and garlic in a pan with oil. Then add the chicken fillet strips. Sauté quickly then drop in the pot of broth. Add in your molo dumplings. Add the remaining green onions and leeks..
- Season and adjust to taste. Optional: cut strips of unused molo wrapper and drop in the soup. Mix gently..
- When dumplings are cooked, remove from heat and serve..
Pancit Molo is a Filipino wonton soup dish. This version is simpler compared to the molo soup that we previously featured, but the taste is as good as the original, or maybe even better. Make the molo dumplings: Mix all ingredients except for wrapper. Place a ball on a wrapper. Brush sides of wrapper with water.