How to Prepare Tasty Pork and prawn wonton soup
Pork and prawn wonton soup. These wontons are filled with a juicy pork and prawn / shrimp filling and will knock your socks off. If you've ever had store bought frozen wontons or wontons from a good value Chinese place that probably uses frozen wontons, you will be amazed how. Whip up classic Shrimp and Pork Wonton Soup at home!
Repeat with remaining prawn mixture and wrappers. You can freeze wontons at this stage or proceed to cooking. How to make crispy pork and prawn wontons. You can have Pork and prawn wonton soup using 32 ingredients and 13 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Pork and prawn wonton soup
- Prepare of For the filling:.
- It’s 500 g of mince pork – at least 10% to 20% fat content (or 250 minced pork belly mixed with 250g mince pork, (optional) this makes the filling more succulent).
- It’s 7-8 of raw king prawns, minced.
- It’s 2 tablespoons of soy sauce (add more or less depending on preference).
- You need 2 tablespoons of fish sauce (nam pla, add more or less depending on preference).
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of ground white pepper.
- Prepare 1 tablespoon of Shaoshing rice wine.
- Prepare 2 of garlic cloves, finely chopped.
- Prepare 2-3 slices of ginger, grated (use more or less depending on preference).
- It’s 1-2 stalks of spring onion, finely chopped (add more or less depending on preference).
- Prepare 2 packets of wonton wrappers.
- It’s 1/2 cup of water (to seal the wontons).
- You need of Flour for dusting wontons (if freezing wontons).
- Prepare of Microwave lid cover (to prevent wontons drying out).
- Prepare of For the soup:.
- You need 3 tablespoon of cooking oil (for saute the dry ingredients).
- Prepare 1 of small white onion, finely sliced.
- Prepare 1-2 cloves of garlic, crushed.
- You need 1-2 of large ginger, slices.
- You need 2 stalks of spring onions, sliced in half.
- Prepare 3 teaspoons of chicken stock (add more or less depending on preference).
- You need 6 cups of water.
- You need 2 teaspoons of light soy sauce (add more or less depending on preference).
- It’s 2 teaspoons of sesame oil (add more or less depending on preference).
- It’s 1/8 teaspoon of white ground pepper (add more or less depending on preference).
- You need of For garnish:.
- Prepare of Soup:.
- You need 1-2 tablespoons of spring onions, finely sliced.
- It’s of Chilli oil and black rice vinegar dressing:.
- It’s 1-2 teaspoons of garlic and sesame chilli oil (or any chilli oil of choice).
- Prepare 1-2 teaspoons of light soya sauce (add more or less depending on preference).
- It’s 1-2 teaspoons of black rice vinegar (add more or less depending on preference).
My guide to the ultimate Chinese fried wonton recipe. Perfectly crisp on the outside and tender and bouncy on the. Garnish with the spring onions and chilli. Tasty, moist pork filling wrapped with slippery wonton skin, served in hot chicken soup, this pork wonton soup is a perfect treat on cold winter days.
Pork and prawn wonton soup instructions
- Place the minced pork in a large bowl. Add soya sauce, fish sauce, ground white pepper and shaoshing rice wine. Mix all of the ingredients thoroughly stirring in one direction with chopsticks..
- Wash the prawns, peel and remove the heads. With a knife, slit down the top center of the prawns to de-vein. Once all of the prawns have been de-veined, rinse under water..
- Roughly chop the prawns with a meat cleaver into a mince. Using a meat cleaver, pound the prawns to make a paste. Transfer to the mixing bowl with the mince pork and mix well together..
- Once the mixture is well incorporated and sticky, add the finely chopped spring onions, minced garlic and grated ginger to the mixing bowl. Mix all of the ingredients thoroughly..
- Transfer the mixture to a sealable food bag and set aside in fridge for an hour or overnight to marinade. When ready to use, take out the wonton mixture and place in a bowl..
- Place the wonton wrappers on a plate and fill a small bowl with water. Dust a large plate with a small amount of flour, find a tall lid (like a microwave lid) that covers the plate along with a small board for making the wontons on. Tip: When not using, keep wonton wrappers covered with a tea towel or paper towel to prevent them drying out..
- For the ‘ruffled purse’ shape, place a wonton wrapper on the chopping board in a diamond orientation. Place one and a half teaspoons of wonton mixture in the middle of the wrapper. Fold the wrapper in half to form a triangular shape (see picture 2, the half does not perfectly join in the middle). Press and push out the air pockets and then wet the edges of the wontons..
- Pleat the top of the wonton, make between 3 to 5 pleats (depending on how ‘ruffled’ you want the wontons). Press the top of the pleats to seal tightly. Transfer to the lightly dusted plate and coat wontons with a tiny amount of flour, then cover with the microwave lid to prevent them drying out. Repeat steps 6 – 7 until all of the filling and wonton wrappers have been used..
- Once all of the wontons have been made, place the uncooked wontons to be frozen in airtight containers. This helps the wontons keep their shape when cooking and also adds to a better texture..
- For wonton soup, on medium heat, add cooking oil to the stockpot. Now add onions, garlic, ginger and spring onion stalks and sauté until soft. Add the chicken stock and water, bring to a boil, then add soy sauce, sesame oil and white pepper and stir. Reduce to medium low heat and simmer for 5-8 minutes to allow the flavours to infuse..
- Turn the heat up to high and add the wontons. For fresh wontons cook for 4-5 minutes (not from frozen). For frozen wontons cook for 6-10 minutes, or until they float, they should look like gorgeous golden nuggets! Sir occasionally, once wontons have cooked turn the heat off..
- Remove wontons from the stockpot with a slotted spoon and place in serving bowl. Ladle over the broth and garnish with the sliced tops of the spring onions. You can serve as a soup or with egg noodles..
- You can also serve wontons as a Dim Sum style side dish covered with spicy sauce. Bring a large pot of water to a boil and cook the wontons for 4-5 minutes or until they float. Remove with a slotted spoon and place in a serving bowl. Add one teaspoon each of chilli oil, soy sauce and black vinegar, garnish with sliced spring onions and mix..
As the winter draws near, the cold days always evoke memories of my childhood growing up in North-western China. The name wonton means swallowing a cloud, and this popular soup is thought to resemble clouds. Lay one wonton skin in front of you. Cover the remaining wonton skins with a damp towel to keep them from drying out. Filling the wontons: Moisten all the edges of the wonton wrapper with water.