Easiest Way to Prepare Delicious Vietnamese Pineapple Soup
Vietnamese Pineapple Soup. My mom will only make this soup with fresh pineapple chunks that she has cut up herself from a whole pineapple (a feat I have yet to. Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium-high heat until hot but not smoking. Vietnamese Sweet and Sour Fish and Pineapple Soup (Canh Chua Cá) literally means sour fish soup in Vietnamese Food.
Recently, I made this soup for our. Add the tofu, tomatoes, pineapple and the white part of the green onion and bring soup to a simmer. Serve over rice vermicelli and garnish with thinly sliced green onion. You can cook Vietnamese Pineapple Soup using 9 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Vietnamese Pineapple Soup
- It’s 1/2 of garlic.
- It’s 1/2 Tbsp of vegetable oil.
- You need 3 of spring onion.
- It’s 100 gr of minced pork.
- You need 3 of cloud-ear mushroom (kikurage) (optional).
- It’s 1 of tomato (2 if you like it thick and red).
- Prepare 1/4 of pineapple (preferably sour).
- You need 1 pack of bean sprout (moyashi).
- Prepare of Salt and pepper (to taste).
Southern Vietnamese cooks often simmer catfish steaks with caramel sauce, and use the fish's head and tail in this refreshing soup brightened with tamarind and pineapple. Vietnamese Hot and Sour Soup with Tofu ( aka Canh Chua)- flavorful, warming and healing, this version is vegan and gluten-free! If the only prayer you ever say in your entire life is thank you, it will be enough. ~Meister Eckhart~ I love the clean flavors of this Vietnamese Hot and Sour Soup called, Canh Chua. Authentic Vietnamese ingredients, like tamarind pulp, chili paste, and fish sauce give this sweet-sour shrimp soup rich, bold flavor.
Vietnamese Pineapple Soup instructions
- Chop tomato. chop spring onion. Soak kikurage until soft, then slice. Slice pineapple. Chop garlic..
- Stir fry garlic until fragrant, then add tomato and pineapple. Stir fry until tomato becomes saucy and dark red. Add seasons to taste..
- Add water, wait until boil, then add minced pork (make sure to stir it up so you won't have a chunk of pork in your soup), bean sprout, and chopped spring onion..
Add shrimp, pineapple, fish sauce, sugar, lime juice, and reserved tamarind pulp. This is a vegetarian version of canh chua with tamarind, pineapple, okra and silken tofu. Vietnamese Shrimp and Pineapple Sour Soup One doesn't usually associate pineapple with soup, but in southern Vietnam, Canh Chua is a popular soup that incorporates fish or shrimp. I associate it with winding bus trips down the mountains through the towns on the way to Ho Chi Minh City (Saigon). You may be familiar with pineapple in Vietnamese seafood soups, flavored by tamarind and garnished with cuminy rau om.