How to Cook Appetizing Thai Eggplant Curry Shrimp Soup
Thai Eggplant Curry Shrimp Soup. I substitute the shrimp with cod or sole fillets and add bell peppers and eggplant – absolutely amazing. Can't go wrong with coconut curry and thai curry paste!. I used to make a Thai curry soup that had me running all over town looking for galangla.
Add the garlic and cook, stirring, until fragrant. This delicious chicken soup satisfied my cravings. Season chicken with salt and pepper, to taste. You can have Thai Eggplant Curry Shrimp Soup using 14 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Thai Eggplant Curry Shrimp Soup
- Prepare 2 large of eggplants.
- It’s 1 of onion.
- Prepare 1 stick of lemongrass.
- It’s 1 tbsp of fresh chopped ginger.
- It’s 3 clove of garlic.
- You need 1 can of coconut milk.
- It’s 1/2 can of coca goya.
- It’s 1/2 cup of heavy cream.
- It’s 2 quart of chicken stock.
- Prepare 1 of scallion.
- Prepare 5 tbsp of vegg oil.
- You need 1 1/2 oz of red curry paste.
- You need 1 lb of pork belly.
- Prepare 1 lb of medium shrimp.
This spicy tangy Shrimp and Eggplant Curry is delicious served with steamed rice and papadums. There are days when I feel like having something spicy and tangy and this Shrimp and Eggplant Curry fits the bill. For some, having a spicy dish is a must for the meal to be appetizing. Hot and Sour Shrimp Soup (Tom Yum Goong) Larb Lettuce Cups.
Thai Eggplant Curry Shrimp Soup step by step
- cut up pork belly into pieces & place in large pot on medium heat.
- cook pork until all fat is rendered…remove cooked pork & leave grease on bottom of pan.
- add 2 tablespoons of vegg oil & chopped onion & cook until onion is clear.
- add remaining vegg oil & stir in curry paste until it mixes with the oil…then quickly stir in the coconut milk.
- chop up eggplant to cube size & chop up all other veggies & add all veggies & remaining ingredients into the pot & cook on medium heat for a half hour…except for the shrimp & pork.
- cook shrimp in seperate pan with lil oil and place aside.
- remove all veggies from pot & put in food processor with lil soup and grind into a puree & mix back into the soup and mix in well.
- add shrimp into the pot & serve with some chopped up scallion to garnish.
Green Papaya Salad (Som Tam) Green Papaya and Carrot Salad.. Green Curry with Chicken and Eggplant. There are a lot of great Thai curry recipes online, but it's hard to know what will end up tasting authentic. Season the shrimp with salt and add them to the soup. Northern Thai red curry soup with egg noodles, chicken, fried shallots and Thai roasted pepper.