Easiest Way to Cook Tasty Italian wedding soup
Italian wedding soup. This lovely soup combines extra lean ground beef made into meatballs with thinly sliced escarole or "Coming from Rhode Island, a very ethnic state, this soup was traditionally served at Italian weddings. I used to be intimidated to make Italian Wedding Soup. I have no Italian lineage and my mom never made it growing up, so for whatever reason it seemed easy to mess up.
Wedding soup consists of green vegetables (usually endive and escarole or cabbage, lettuce, kale, and/or spinach) and meat. This Italian wedding soup is meatballs, vegetables, greens and pasta all simmered together in a savory broth. The perfect way to warm up on a cold day! You can have Italian wedding soup using 18 ingredients and 2 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Italian wedding soup
- Prepare of meatballs.
- Prepare of small onion. grated.
- Prepare of chopped fresh italian parsley.
- It’s of large egg.
- You need of minced garlic.
- You need of salt.
- Prepare of fresh white bread crust trimmed, torn into small pieces.
- You need of grated parmesan.
- You need of ground beef.
- You need of ground pork.
- You need of freshly ground black pepper.
- It’s of soup.
- It’s of low sodium chicken broth.
- Prepare of curly endive or escarole chopped.
- Prepare of large eggs.
- Prepare of freshly grated parmesan.
- Prepare of salt and freshly ground pepper.
- Prepare of acini di pepe pasta.
This easy Italian wedding soup recipe is the absolute BEST! My whole family loves it, and yours will, too. In the soup aisle of Target, my tear-streaked. Calling this "Italian wedding soup" is somewhat of a misnomer since the dish is unrelated to weddings.
Italian wedding soup instructions
- To make the meatballs: stir the first 6 ingredients in a large bowl to blend. Stir in the cheese, beef and pork. Using 1 1/2 teaspoons for each, shape the meat mixture into 1/2 inch diameter meatballs. Place on a baking sheet..
- To make the soup: bring the broth to a boil in a large pot over medium high heat. Add the meatballs, curly endive and pasta and simmer until meatballs and pasta are cooked through. About 8 minutes. Whisk the eggs and cheese in a bowl to blend. Stir the soup in a circular motion. Gradually drizzle the egg mixture into the moving broth, stirring gently with a fork to form thin stands of egg, about 1 minute. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Garnish with parmesan..
The name is said to come from the words "minestra maritata," which mean "married soup." Italian wedding soup has long been one of my favorite soups, but it's one I've never made myself, as I always assumed it was a chore to make all those meatballs before making the soup itself. Wedding soup is traditionally made from a rich, long-cooked homemade chicken stock. What you'll need to make Italian Wedding Soup. For the meatballs, my secret is to add ground sausage to the. Italian Wedding soup is a hearty, classic soup made on the stovetop!