Wonton soup. Fold wonton in half diagonally to create a triangle, and seal the edges. Fold the two identical corners in on each other and press again to seal. Repeat until all wonton wrappers are filled.
Wonton soup If you've ever had store bought frozen wontons or wontons from a good value Chinese place that probably uses frozen wontons, you will be amazed how different homemade ones are. The main difference is the texture of the filling – because homemade wontons are made with just pure fresh ingredients, NO mysterious fillers! In a large saucepan or soup pot heat the oil over medium high heat until hot. You can have Wonton soup using 17 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Wonton soup
- You need 64 of wonton wrappers,or more.
- It’s 4 of chicken breasts,minced,or if use minced pork ,about 600 grams.
- Prepare 1 of thumb size ginger,finely chopped.
- Prepare 30 of cooked shrimps,optional.
- Prepare 3 clove of garlic,finely chopped.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of sesame oil.
- You need 3 tbsp of oyster sauce.
- It’s 2 tbsp of soy sauce.
- It’s 1 tsp of black pepper.
- It’s 3 liter of chicken stock.
- You need 3 head of napa cabbage,chopped.
- It’s 1 bunch of each cilantro and spring onion.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of crispy fried garlic.
- It’s 1 of red chilli sliced and marinate in vinegar.
- It’s 1 of chilli flake for seasoning in each bowl.
- You need 1 of roasted pork fillet,optional.
- You need 2 packages of soft tofu,optional.
Sometimes called "skins," wonton wrappers are often available in the produce aisle of supermarkets. Look for them next to egg-roll wrappers and tofu. Whenever we're ordering take-out, wonton soup is always a must. See, I have a major thing for wontons.
Wonton soup instructions
- Add chicken stock in soup pot ,on low heat ,chopped napa cabbage ,add in and let it simmer ,while making wonton,incase you dont have chicken stock in hand …no worries..use chicken wings or tights to make fresh stock ,add one more litre of water ,boil on medium heat until chicken cooked,seasoning with extra salt and pepper ,soy sauce ,sesame oil,oyster sauce ,lower heat to simmer ,after all done you can take the wings or tights pouring on your wonton soup bowl as well ☺,for optional tofu add bite size chopped tofu 3 mins before serving into soup pot.
- Mince chicken breast ,mix well with all ingredients,including half of spring onion.
- Start to wrap wonton,bring one piece add chicken filling in the middle ,use index finger dip in water , brush around ,fold up to make triangle shape.
- Again dip some water to each end of wonton ,twist to stick it together ,beware dont add too much filling ,it may tearing in this step.
- For optional ,add cooked shrimps to make shrimps wonton ,its sooo good.
- Boil water in another pot ,while wrap wonton until finish.
- To make the wonton soup bowl , add 6 pieces per serving into hot boil salted water ,wonton will float up to surface ,wait another 2 mins to make sure the filling is cooked , drain and add to serving bowl.
- Arrange roasted pork (optional )on top of wonton ,pour hot soup with some napa cabbage.
- Seasoning by marinate red pepper,chilli flake ,top with cilantro and spring onion ,serve hot 😄.
But little did I know that the homemade version is unbelievably easy. Wonton Soup is like the chicken noodle soup of Chinese cooking. With its nourishing broth, vegetables and protein-filled pasta, it provides all the comfort needed to turn a gloomy day around. Best of all, it's the kind of soup that you can enjoy all year round. Wonton soup is one of the most popular Chinese recipes.