Recipe: Tasty Mike's Chinese Hot And Sour Soup
Mike's Chinese Hot And Sour Soup. The traditional hot and sour soup recipe call for Chinese dry shiitake mushroom. Soak the mushrooms in water until it is fully hydrated and become very soft and easy to cut. The time required varies from an hour to two or three hours, as it depends on the thickness of the mushrooms.
There was a time when I never thought to make it myself and resigned myself to the luck of the draw when it came to ordering it. 📍Disclaimer: This Video is not Sponsored Enjoy Mike's own version of Chinese Hot & Sour Soup. We serve it with variety of. Hot and sour soup – Wing Loong Restaurant. You can cook Mike's Chinese Hot And Sour Soup using 27 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Mike's Chinese Hot And Sour Soup
- It’s of ● For The Hot & Sour Soup.
- It’s 5 Cups of Chicken Or Beef Stock.
- It’s 1 1/2 Cups of Precooked Shreaded Chicken, Beef Or Pork [packed].
- Prepare 1/4 Cup of Bamboo Shoots [drained – thin sliced].
- You need 1/4 Cup of Water Chestnuts [drained – minced].
- Prepare 1/4 Cup of Shiitake Mushrooms [small chop – or, white & brown].
- It’s 6 oz of Firm Tofu [1/2" chop].
- You need 2 tsp of Fine Minced Fresh Ginger.
- It’s 1 of [or 2 – your call] LG Eggs [beaten].
- You need 2 tbsp of Rice Wine Vinegar.
- Prepare 1 1/2 tbsp of Sriracha Chile Sauce.
- You need 3 tbsp of Soy Sauce.
- It’s 1 tbsp of Brown Sugar.
- You need 1 tsp of Sesame Seed Oil.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of Chinese 5 Spice.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of Red Pepper Flakes.
- Prepare of ● For The Thickener.
- It’s 2 tbsp of Corn Starch + 2 tbs Water [more if you want her more viscous].
- Prepare of ● For The Sides & Garnishments.
- Prepare as needed of Fresh Chives [minced].
- It’s as needed of Fresh Cilantro Leaves.
- You need as needed of Thai Chilies [fine minced – optional].
- It’s as needed of Crispy Chow Mein Noodles.
- You need as needed of Soy Sauce.
- It’s as needed of Chile Sauce.
- It’s of ● For The Options.
- You need 1/8 Cup of Dried Roasted Nori [aka dried seaweed – rough chopped].
It makes a great appetizer as the palate is stimulated or awakened by its spiciness In a chinese banquet, a variation of a hot and sour soup is usually served as the first dish or second dish. The slightly thickened consistency adds to its charm. Hot and sour soup is a variety of soups from several Asian culinary traditions. In all cases, the soup contains ingredients to make it both spicy and sour.
Mike's Chinese Hot And Sour Soup step by step
- Chop your veggies. Heat everything in the Hot & Sour Soup section for 20 minutes. Stir regularly. At 20 minutes in, add your whisked egg[s] and stir constantly until eggs are fully cooked. Then, while soup is at a steady simmer, add your corn starch and water mixture slowly. She'll thicken up quickly as she bubbles away. Add more corn starch and water if you'd like her a bit thicker. ● P.S., this is the actual color of soup below. The kiddos somehow ended up taking darker faced photos upon down lighting with the other pictures..
- Brown, white, oyster or Shiitake mushrooms really do make this dish! Your choice! Just dice!.
- For The Sides & Garnishments. Thai Chilies, fresh Cilantro leaves and chopped Chives..
- Dried Roasted Nori. To taste. Definitely consider this addition!.
- Fresh crunchy Chow Mein Noodles are always a must atop this flavorful dish!.
- Top view..
- Serve Hot & Sour Soup with the fresh garnishments listed. Especially the fresh Cilantro. It really does make the dish! Serve soup piping hot with fresh, crunchy Chow Mein Noodles and Soy Sauce. Enjoy!.
Soup preparation may use chicken or pork broth, or may be meat-free. Hot and sour soup is a thick peppery soup made with mushrooms, bamboo, tofu, pork or poultry Hot and sour soup is often prepared in large quantities and then consumed for several days during the meal It really amplifies and gives geographic context to your dishes. All Reviews for Chinese Spicy Hot And Sour Soup. This recipe didn't taste anything like the hot and sour soups I have eaten in any of the numerous Chinese restaurants I have visited. Whether you are celebrating Chinese New Year, or simply making an every day meal, this Slow Cooker Hot and Sour Soup is an easy and delicious dinner.