Recipe: Yummy Mike's Stone Soup
Mike's Stone Soup. Stone Soup is a European folk story in which hungry strangers convince the people of a town to each share a small amount of their food in order to make a meal that everyone enjoys, and exists as a moral regarding the value of sharing. Recently Stone Soup blogger Madeline Sornson had the opportunity to read The History Keepers by "I love Stone Soup because it is a magazine that says to kids that it is cool to be smart, creative, and. DLTK's Educational Activities: Fables Stone Soup.
This vegetable soup is made cold and then heated by inserting a scalding rock. Stone Soup – A Folktale Literature Study. This is MY FAVORITE UNIT of the entire school year! You can cook Mike's Stone Soup using 34 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Mike's Stone Soup
- It’s of ● For The Basic Broth.
- You need of Boxes Beef Broth.
- It’s of Quality Red Wine [+ 1/4 cup reserved].
- You need of Fresh Ground Black Pepper.
- It’s of McCormick Beef Stew Seasoning [reserve 1/2 of 3rd].
- Prepare of Tomato Paste.
- Prepare of LG Bay Leaves.
- You need of ● For The Fresh Vegetables.
- You need of LG Celery Stalks [1" cube].
- Prepare of LG Carrots [1" cube].
- You need of LG Tomatoes [cubed].
- It’s of LG White Onion [sliced].
- You need of LG Red Onion [sliced].
- You need of Sweet Corn [drained].
- You need of Green Beans [drained].
- It’s of Fresh Mushrooms [sliced].
- You need of Baby Russet Potatoes [left whole].
- It’s of Medium Idaho Potatoes [halved].
- You need of Medium Green Bell Pepper [1" cubed].
- You need of Whole Garlic Cloves [chopped].
- Prepare of ● For The Meats.
- It’s of Beef Stew Chuck [1" chop + Worshestershire Sauce].
- It’s of McCormick Beef Stew Seasoning [+ 3 tbsp flour].
- It’s of Pork Shoulder [boiled and shreadded].
- You need of Kitchen Bouquet.
- You need of ● For The Thickener.
- Prepare of Corn Starch [more if needed.
- Prepare of Water.
- It’s of ● For The Finish.
- You need of Dehydrated Onions.
- Prepare of Granulated Garlic.
- You need of Granulated Onion.
- Prepare of Good Dash Au Jus Extract.
- Prepare of Quality Red Wine.
Printables for Stone Soup to fit in with your fall, fairy tale activities, and Thanksgiving themes. Read about how a magic stone transforms a town in 'Stone Soup', a fun short story for kids! Evie Stone / Stone Soup Cartoons. Stone Soup is the award-winning yummy memory matching game with spice!
Mike's Stone Soup instructions
- Usually I provide all of the ingredients for my students classes but today, each student brought their own individual ingredient in honor of the fairy tale of Stone Soup. They made 6 massive batches of this soup/stew. Anyway, here's your easy basic broth. ;0).
- Chop all vegetables and add to pot with broth..
- Chop your beef into small cubes..
- Season beef in a Zip lock Bag..
- Place beef in heated pan and sear meat with flour and 1/2 packet of beef stew seasoning..
- Fry until seared..
- Boil raw pork meat until fully cooked and fork shread..
- Add all meat to pot. Allow to simmer for 3 hours. Gently stir from bottom as to not break up potatoes..
- Warm bread pictured..
- Serve hot with fresh bread. Enjoy!.
- This is a great cooking wine!.
Players work together to "cook" a soup by making matches of ingredients; if they are successful everyone wins! Collect the ingredients for Stone Soup in Mistfall Cleft. The soup has somehow taken on a somewhat floral quality. It feels well-balanced on the tongue and goes down very smoothly. How "data" became the hidden ingredient propping up digital art.