Recipe: Tasty Slow-cooker Potato Soup
Slow-cooker Potato Soup. Try Our Easy-To-Make Potato Soup Recipes. Browse & Share Now w/ Your Friends! Place bacon and onion in a large, deep skillet.
Taste of Home has the best slow cooker potato soup recipes from real cooks, featuring reviews, ratings, how-to videos and tips. Once the soup has slow cooked and is about ready to serve, cook the butter in a small saucepan on the stove over medium-high heat until it has melted. Place the potatoes, onion, butter, chicken bouillon cubes, parsley and water into a slow cooker. You can cook Slow-cooker Potato Soup using 11 ingredients and 2 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Slow-cooker Potato Soup
- You need of potatoes, scrubbed and diced to 1in pieces.
- You need of carrot, raw and finely diced.
- Prepare of celery, finely diced.
- It’s of onion powder.
- You need of garlic powder.
- It’s of chicken stock.
- You need of diced ham or smoked pork picnic shoulder (bought precooked).
- It’s of evaporated milk (12oz).
- Prepare of dried potato flakes (instant mashed potatoes).
- You need of cream cheese (8oz, softened).
- You need of salt and pepper to taste.
In small bowl, beat cornstarch and reserved broth until smooth. Add diced potatoes, diced onion, minced garlic, bacon, parsley and chicken broth to the slow cooker. Place potatoes, celery, onion, chicken stock, and parsley into a slow cooker. Season with salt and black pepper.
Slow-cooker Potato Soup step by step
- Add all ingredients except cream cheese, milk, and potato flakes to 7 qt crockpot. Cook on HIGH 4-5 hours until potatoes are fork tender. Add cream cheese, milk, and potato flakes. Stir to combine CAREFULLY , crock pot will be VERY FULL. Taste soup and add desired salt and pepper. Put lid back on pot and continue to cook on high for 20-30 minutes (this ensures the cream cheese breaks down completely). Stir and serve..
- Notes : Easy with the salt as both the stock and ham will already be full of sodium. Potato flakes can be adjusted for desired consistancy. No, you don't peel the potatoes. To keep left overs and serve again, cool crock pot down at room temp and put in fridge overnight, an hour before serving heat on low. Do NOT leave on warm overnight or you'll just have a goopy pot of mashed potatoes..
How to Store Crockpot Potato Soup? Once your Crockpot Potato Soup has cooled to room temperature, you can remove the ceramic insert from the slow cooker and put the whole pot (lid on) in the refrigerator. Alternatively, you may also transfer your Potato Soup to an airtight container and store in the refrigerator. Heat a large skillet over medium high heat. Transfer to a paper towel-lined plate.