Pea Sprout (Pea shoot) Soup. Stir Fried Pea Shoots – Tender crisp stir-fried pea shoots with plenty of aromatics to create a mouth-watering dish that you can't stop eating. Transfer the pea shoots onto your working surface. Work on them one stem at a time.
Pea Shoots are what we call the young plant produced by a pea. We harvest the pea shoot by cutting above the planting medium when they are a few inches When growing Pea Shoots: You really MUST Pre-Sprout before planting. Put seed* into a bowl or your Sprouter. You can cook Pea Sprout (Pea shoot) Soup using 7 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Pea Sprout (Pea shoot) Soup
- You need 100 g of minced pork.
- Prepare 1 of bundle of pea sprouts (pea shoots).
- It’s 2 of heads of shallots.
- Prepare 3 teaspoons of fish sauce.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of black pepper.
- Prepare of some cooking oil.
- You need of some salt and seasoning powder.
How to Use Pea shoots are best handled with a light touch. Their delicate crunch and sweet flavor make a snappy addition to salads, sandwiches, or Saturday: Pea Shoot and Baby Arugula Salad with Meyer Lemon Vinaigrette Sunday: Slow Cooked Salmon Filets with Savory Sweet Pea Shoot Soy. Pea Shoot microgreens are the easiest microgreens to grow and they are the second most popular microgreens right after sunflower microgreens. Pea shoots are great for small spaces – they grow fast, taste delicious and are rich in Vitamin C, A and protein.
Pea Sprout (Pea shoot) Soup instructions
- Season minced pork with fish sauce and black pepper..
- Rinse the pea sprouts thoroughly..
- Peel and cut shallots into thin slices..
- Put 2 teaspoons of cooking oil on a frying pan and sliced shallots to fry. Do not fry well as the shallots will be easily burnt when adding and tossing the pork..
- When there is sizzle and the shallots become hot, add minced pork and toss well until fully cooked..
- Add a bowl of water and bring to the boil.
- When the water boils, add the pea sprouts..
- Pea sprouts are quickly cooked through, so add them in and flip them over, when the water boils, done! Taste to check the flavour and season with salt, seasoning powder and fish sauce if desired..
- Pour all into a serving bowl if you want to eat immediately. If not, remove pea sprouts and meat leaving the liquid in pan, when ready to serve add the liquid later..
- This cooking method can be applied for Vietnamese katuk (sweet leaf), bok choy (Chinese cabbage)….
They are perfect to try if you're starting out. Seeing (and eating!) the fruits of your labour in just in two or three weeks is rewarding and motivating. Try to avoid placing the tray out in the open – as birds and unwanted critters will delight in the treat and possibly contaminate with excrement. Pea shoots are the sprouts of green peas that are produced as a microgreen on tray flats, similar to sunflower, wheatgrass or buckwheat greens. Asian cultures have long used the fresh shoots in stir-fry's and soup broths as a nutritious leafy vegetable. 🍃 SPECKLED PEA SPROUTING SEEDS: Pea shoots, also known as pea microgreens, usually have very prominent root systems, which is why it is primarily grown in soil.