Quick Bun Rieu (Crab Meat Ball Noodle Soup). Great recipe for Quick Bun Rieu (Crab Meat Ball Noodle Soup). Traditional bun rieu is very time consuming. Getting bun rieu at the restaurant pretty much guarantees that you will not be getting real crab.
This quick version takes the work out of it but. Bun Mang Vit is a Vietnamese rice vermicelli duck noodle soup with bamboo shoots, garnished with shredded cabbage, green onions and a wedge of lemon for squeezing. Other herbs like mint, cilantro, Vietnamese coriander (Rau Ram) and green onions may also garnish the bowl. You can have Quick Bun Rieu (Crab Meat Ball Noodle Soup) using 28 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Quick Bun Rieu (Crab Meat Ball Noodle Soup)
- Prepare of meat balls.
- It’s 1 lb of shrimp (shell, devein and finely chop).
- It’s 1 lb of ground pork.
- It’s 2 of eggs, beaten.
- Prepare 1 tsp of black pepper and salt.
- You need 3 of scallion (finely chop).
- You need 1 tbsp of red boat fish sauce.
- You need 1 can of fresh crab meat (prefer lump).
- Prepare of soup.
- Prepare 2 of lemon grass, discard green part. Use white part and cut into 3 inch stalks and bruise.
- You need 2 tbsp of tomato paste.
- It’s 4 of tomatoes, quartered.
- You need 2 can of chicken stock (low sodium).
- Prepare 1 cup of dried shrimp broth (made by boiling and seeping dried shrimp for 10 min) this is optional as it provides a very intense flavor.
- You need 4 cup of water.
- It’s 10 piece of fried tofu.
- It’s 3 of Shallots chopped finely.
- You need 5 of garlic cloves finely chopped.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of fish sauce.
- You need 2 tbsp of avocado oil.
- It’s 2 of bay leaf.
- You need of bowl.
- Prepare 1 packages of Rice noodles boil until tender and drain.
- You need 1 cup of bean sprout.
- Prepare 1 bunch of basil.
- You need 1 cup of chopped cabbage.
- It’s 1 bunch of cilantro.
- You need 1 of Lime cut into quarters.
This noodle soup comes with the must-have ginger fish sauce (Nuoc Mam Gung) for dipping the slices of duck meat. Crab Noodle Soup – Bun Rieu. Give the shrimp a quick rinse. Mince the dried shrimp with the use of a knife or a small food processor.
Quick Bun Rieu (Crab Meat Ball Noodle Soup) step by step
- Combine all ingredients for the meat ball and set aside..
- In a stock pot sautee Shallot and chopped garlic until aromatic..
- Add tomatoes and lemon grass and sautee until tomatoes are soft. add tomato paste and then bay leaf..
- Pour in chicken stock, fish sauce, shrimp broth, water and bring to a boil for 10 min. Skim off foam from top.
- With two spoons, form small meatballs with crab-shrimp-pork mixture and place into boiling soup.
- Add fried tofu, let boil until meatballs and tofu float to the top.
- Cook rice noodles until tender. Drain water. Place rice noodles in a bowl, arrange meatballs and tofu and garnish with basil, bean sprout, cabbage and cilantro. Squeeze 1 wedge of lime into bowl. Pour in hot soup last..
Place the fried tofu on top of the crab mixture and gently press them down into the broth. Reduce the heat to Medium and cook the crab mixture undisturbed. The meatball looking fellas in this soup, called gach, or rieu, were originally made with pounded mini crabs in Vietnam. Bún riêu is a Vietnamese meat rice vermicelli soup. There are several varieties of bún riêu, including bún riêu cua, bún riêu cá, and bún riêu ốc.