Recipe: Perfect Turkey Broth Wonton Soup
Turkey Broth Wonton Soup. Recipe: Turkey Wonton Soup. by Nicholas Lomba. Pour some of the broth over the wontons and top with scallions. For my wonton soup recipe, I use cassava and tapioca flour to make the wonton dough.
This soup tastes even better when it's entirely homemade, from the broth right through to the wonton wrappers. Using your finger, wet the edges of wonton wrapper with water. Place half a tablespoon of pork filling in the center of the wonton wrapper. You can have Turkey Broth Wonton Soup using 17 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Turkey Broth Wonton Soup
- Prepare of Wontons.
- Prepare 1 of quarter pound ground pork.
- You need 1 of quarter pound devein deshell shrimp, diced.
- It’s 2 of scallions.
- It’s 1 tbsp of soy sauce.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of Shaoxing cooking wine.
- It’s 1 tbsp of minced ginger.
- You need 1 tbsp of sesame oil.
- It’s 1 packages of wonton wrapper.
- You need 1 each of egg, beaten set aside to seal wontons.
- Prepare of broth.
- Prepare 1 of turkey carcass.
- It’s 1 of salt and pepper to taste.
- Prepare 3 quart of water (or enough to submerge your turkey carcass).
- You need of garnish.
- Prepare 1 of scallion.
- Prepare 1 bunch of cilantro.
Wonton broth is supposed to be clear and thin. After boiling the wontons strain and add to the soup. If you want a more filling meal you can add egg noodles (refrigerated section of asian market) to the dish for wonton noodle soup. Boil noodles separately as well then add to soup.
Turkey Broth Wonton Soup step by step
- Place turkey carcass in water in a stock pot and bring to a boil (20min). Skim off foam and fat from the top. Continue to simmer on low heat for 3 hours. Skim off any foam from the top..
- While the broth is cooking, make your wontons..
- Place pork, shrimp, chopped scallions, minced ginger, soy, wine, sesame oil, salt pepper in a bowl. Mix to combine..
- Place wonton wrapper diagonally towards you. Place a teaspoon of meat onto the bottom corner of the wrapper..
- Fold 3 times upwards. Put your middle finger on the meatiest part of the wonton and twist upwards..
- Dab corners with egg mixture, twist and pinch corners together. Each wonton should look like a little boat..
- When all wontons are done, place in boiling water and bring to a boil. Put in 1 cup cold water, bring to a boil again, put in 1 cup cold water and bring to a boil one more time. It is done when the wontons float to the top. Remove from water..
- Place 5-10 cooked wontons in a bowl. Place broth on top of wontons. Place chopped scallion, chopped cilanto and white pepper on top and serve immediately..
- Since this recipe is for 6 servings, you can freeze and store any uncooked wonton. Frozen wontons can be stored for 2 weeks..
A little more work but so. A bowl of wonton soup is so hearty that I can eat one at any time of day and in any season of the year. I introduced two types of wonton broth in the recipe below. Easy wonton soup recipe with juicy shrimp wontons in chicken broth. Learn the best and most authentic ways to make this classic Chinese soup at home with my step-by-step picture guide.