Recipe: Perfect Summertime Veggie Soup
Summertime Veggie Soup. Say Yes to Our Vegetarian Soups Crafted for Sippable Satisfaction. In a large saucepan, saute onion in oil until tender. Summer Vegetable Soup This vegetable soup is loaded with garden goodness, from zucchini and green beans to celery and potato, but it's the turmeric that gives it a tasty new twist.
Best of all, there's no need to heat up your kitchen — just turn on your pressure cooker, stovetop, or Crock Pot for this easy homemade vegetable soup recipe that keeps well in the freezer for months. Here's my version of a delicious and comforting Summer Chicken Vegetable Soup. Summer is not usually the time when you eat lots of soups, but this soup is perfect for warmer weather because it's loaded with fresh vegetables that are. You can cook Summertime Veggie Soup using 14 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Summertime Veggie Soup
- You need of poblano peppers.
- It’s of olive oil.
- You need of onions.
- Prepare of tomatillos.
- You need of fresh corn (3 ears of corn).
- You need of black beans.
- Prepare of tomato juice.
- It’s of large chopped tomatoes.
- Prepare of veggie broth.
- It’s of juice of lime.
- You need of salt.
- It’s of cayenne pepper.
- You need of rice (optional).
- You need of chicken or pork (optional).
We both rank this our number one chili recipe! It is delicious by itself, with chips as a snack, with avocado (as recommended in the recipe) or with a fried egg thrown on top for brunch. If you like avocados, you'll love this California-inspired avocado soup recipe for summer, inspired by traditional gazpacho soups. Raw vegan chilled avocado soup is made from just six quick and easy ingredients including avocados, cream, vegetable broth, a touch of spicy cayenne, and freshly snipped herbs.
Summertime Veggie Soup instructions
- Blacken poblano peppers on stove burner, wrap peppers in plastic bag and let the peppers sweat so you can take off the skin of the pepper. Take out the weeds and chop pepper..
- In a big pot cook olive oil, onions and tomatillos until soft.
- Add corn and cook for 2 more minutes.
- Add black beans, tomato juice, chopped tomatoes, veggie broth, and juice of lime.
- Add salt, cayenne pepper and poblano peppers. Simmer for 20 minutes.
- Add cooked rice, chicken or pork (optional).
Oil-free, low- fat, and high-fiber, vegetarian minestrone soup can be served either as a side or as an entree. Remove from heat and add the parsley and lemon juice. Season, to taste, with kosher salt. Lithuanian Cold Beet Soup "I crave this soup in the summer! Make sure you let it sit for a day in fridge before eating it.