Chinese Cuisine- Sour & Spicy Soup. Tastes of Chinese food are traditionally categorized into five flavors: salty, spicy, sour, sweet, and bitter. Chinese emphasize "he" harmony of five flavors. According to traditional Chinese medicine, the harmony of the five flavors can not only improve taste enjoyment, but also have the function of achieving balance to promote health, as well.
By Lorna A popular dish in Shanghai cuisine, sweet and sour spare ribs (Chinese: 糖醋小排; pinyin: tángcù xiǎopái) are made using chicken pork ribs that are lightly coated in corn starch and seasoned before being fried and served in a sweet and sour sauce. Sweet and sour sauces have been used in English cuisine since the Middle. Sweet and sour tenderloin is one of the classic traditional Chinese famous dishes. You can cook Chinese Cuisine- Sour & Spicy Soup using 22 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Chinese Cuisine- Sour & Spicy Soup
- Prepare of thin cut pork tenderloin, cut into strips.
- Prepare of canned bamboo shoot strips.
- It’s of shred carrots.
- Prepare of shred dried black fungus.
- It’s of Chinese mushrooms or 5 brown mushrooms, sliced.
- You need of (about 5 oz) Enoki mushroom, (optional).
- It’s of medium-hard tofu, cut into small pieces.
- It’s of eggs.
- Prepare of green onions, chopped.
- You need of few cilantro, finely chopped.
- Prepare of ~~ Marinade for pork ~~.
- Prepare of soy sauce.
- You need of rice wine.
- You need of salt.
- You need of white sugar.
- It’s of potato starch.
- Prepare of ~~ Seasoning ~~.
- It’s of salt.
- It’s of soy sauce.
- You need of (or more) black vinegar.
- Prepare of potato starch.
- It’s of (or more) white pepper.
Pork tenderloin is the main ingredient, with flour, starch, vinegar and other condiments. Chinese cuisine, sweet and sour pork tenderloin, sweet and sour, delicious [Cuihua Mini Kitchen]. Chinese cuisine is an important part of Chinese culture, which includes cuisine originating from the diverse regions of China, as well as from Overseas Chinese who have settled in other parts of the world. Because of the Chinese diaspora and historical power of the country, Chinese cuisine has influenced many other cuisines in Asia, with modifications made to cater to local palates.
Chinese Cuisine- Sour & Spicy Soup instructions
- Soak black fungus in water till soft (about 1 hour). In another bowl, soak Chinese mushrooms in water till soft (about 1 hour) then slice it into strips. Soak bamboo shoot strips in water to wash off the metal smell. Mix pork with marinade and marinate at least 10 minutes. Meanwhile, prepare other ingredients..
- Fill water in a pot about 1/3 full. Put cubed tofu, mushroom strips and mushroom water (the water that soaked mushrooms) in the cold water and cook until boil..
- Turn heat to medium. Discard the white foam on the soup surface. Add bamboo shoot strips, soft shred black fungus, shredded carrots, and rice wine continuing cook till boiling..
- Add Enoki mushroom and season with salt, soy sauce, and black vinegar. Bring the soup to boil. Mix 1 Tbsp potato starch with 1 Tbsp water well then stir it in the soup..
- Whisk eggs with a little bit salt and pour into the soup. When egg liquid is formed, lightly stir and break the egg. Then add pork strips cooking for 3 minutes..
- Add chopped green onions, cilantro, and white pepper stir well. Then, season again if needed..
This Chinese Sweet and sour pork recipe is a treat! pork pieces in batter, fried twice for extra crispiness! The slightly tangy sauce, sweet tickle the taste buds. A simple recipe that can be prepared in advance, to finish at the last second. First I want to clarify a point on one of the ingredients: ketchup. With a long history, unique features, numerous styles and exquisite cooking, Chinese cuisine is one important constituent part of Chinese culture.