Home-made wonton soup. Fold wonton in half diagonally to create a triangle, and seal the edges. Fold the two identical corners in on each other and press again to seal. Repeat until all wonton wrappers are filled.
It has lots of healthy veggies and is semi-homemade using frozen wontons. Why not invite some eager eaters to a dumpling party to help you fill, shape, and enjoy a hot bowl of easy homemade wonton soup! To make each plump dumpling, it's all about the filling. You can have Home-made wonton soup using 13 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Home-made wonton soup
- You need of minced pork.
- You need of chopped shepherd's purse.
- It’s of egg.
- You need of chopped ginger.
- It’s of oyster oil.
- Prepare of Chinese pepper sauce.
- You need of salt.
- Prepare of broth.
- It’s of lard.
- You need of dried laver.
- It’s of shredded egg crepe.
- It’s of dried shrimp.
- Prepare of chopped spring onions.
The base is a mixture of ground pork, fresh ginger, soy sauce, sesame oil, sliced scallions and a hint of sugar. Delicious homemade Wonton Soup is the best way to satisfy any craving for Chinese food without having to leave the house. Tender wontons filled with seasoned pork swim in a clear broth flavored with ginger, soy, sesame, and garlic. Big batches of wontons can be made ahead of time and frozen for a quick and yummy meal in minutes.
Home-made wonton soup step by step
- Add a teaspoon of flour into the water and leave the shepherd’s purse to soak for 30mins before you wash it. Flour can make it easy for you to get rid of the dirt..
- Wring the shepherd’s purse before mixing it with minced pork or you will find the stuffing soggy..
- To make the wonton filling, finely chop the shepherd’s purse. Transfer to a basin and stir in the minced pork，egg, chopped ginger, oyster oil, Chinese pepper sauce and salt..
- .Lay the wonton wrappers on a work surface in a single layer and put about 1 tablespoon of the filling mixture in the centre of each. Fold each one into a rectangle..
- Bring the two bottom corners of the edge which hasn’t been sealed to meet in the centre..
- Secure with a little of water to hold in place..
- Cook the wontons in boiling water. Add another cup of cold water when they start to swim on the surface of boiling water. Cook the wontons until they flout onto the surface again..
- Transport the wontons to the heated broth and add lard, shred laver and chopped spring onions before serving. You can also add chili oil, coriander or sesame seed oil as you like..
In a large saucepan or soup pot heat the oil over medium high heat until hot. For more information on wonton wrappers, check out our Chinese Noodles and wrappers page, which describes all types of noodles, wonton wrappers, dumpling skins and more!. The wontons are stuffed with a mixture of pork and shrimp. The shrimp are brined in a solution of salt and baking soda to make them extra crisp. In a large bowl, combine shrimp, garlic, green onions, oyster sauce, soy sauce, ginger, sesame oil, Sriracha and pepper.* To assemble the wontons, place wrappers on a work surface.