Easiest Way to Make Perfect Hot and Sour Soup
Hot and Sour Soup. Check Out Hot And Sour Soup On eBay. Put the wood ears in a small bowl and cover with boiling water. Drain and rinse the wood ears; discard any hard clusters in the centers.
You Asked for It – Hot and Sour Soup! What Makes Our Hot & Sour Soup Recipe Authentic. My grandparents owned a takeout restaurant. You can cook Hot and Sour Soup using 19 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Hot and Sour Soup
- You need of Dried Chinese fungi (1 oz) wood ears or cloud ears (in produce dept.).
- You need of canola oil.
- You need of ” piece of ginger, peeled ad grated.
- Prepare of red chili paste, sambal oelek.
- Prepare of button mushrooms, cleaned and sliced.
- It’s of small can water chestnuts, sliced and drained.
- It’s of canned bamboo shoots, drained.
- It’s of shredded pork or chicken.
- It’s of soy sauce.
- Prepare of rice wine vinegar or apple cider vinegar.
- It’s of salt.
- You need of red pepper flakes.
- You need of ground white pepper.
- You need of sugar.
- It’s of chicken stock, hot.
- It’s of square firm tofu, drained as cut into 1/4” strips.
- You need of cornstarch w/ 1/4 cup water.
- It’s of large egg beaten.
- Prepare of Chopped green onion and cilantro for garnish.
Heat olive oil in a medium saucepan over medium. A Chinese restaurant favourite, it's hearty, savoury, sour – and as spicy as you want it to be. Filled with mushrooms, tofu and silky egg ribbons, Hot and Sour soup is thickened with cornflour/cornstarch so the broth is beautifully glossy. Chinese restaurant-style hot and sour soup made easy!
Hot and Sour Soup step by step
- In a small bowl add the dried mushrooms and pour boiling water over them let sit at least 15-29 minutes to rehydrate. Drain and cut into strips.
- In large pot put chicken stock to heat up..
- Heat wok or large skillet with sides. Add the oil to heat on medium high..
- To the hot oil add the finger, chili paste, wood ears, button mushrooms, water chestnuts, bamboo shoots and meat. Cook for 1 minute to infuse flavors..
- Next combine soy sauce, vinegars, salt, red pepper flakes, white pepper and sugar. Pour into pan and stir everything together. Will smell amazing!.
- Add in the hot chicken stock, bring to boil and then simmer for 10 minutes..
- Add in tofu and cook for 3 minutes m.
- Combine cornstarch and water to make a slurry. Add to soup and simmer until it thickens..
- Remove pot from heat and with a spoon swirl soup in 1 direction and add in beaten egg which should cook immediately. Stir to blend egg..
- Serve soup topped with garnish..
The hearty, spicy, sour broth is loaded with mushrooms, silky eggs, and tofu. I've included lots of notes so you can tweak the recipe with the ingredients you have on hand, plus how to make this dish vegetarian. In this Chinese soup recipe, an egg is stirred in at the end to form tiny ribbons. For more flavor, add a teaspoon of toasted sesame oil just before serving. Note: Be sure to drain the tofu thoroughly before adding it to the soup so it will soak up the flavor of the broth.