Italian Sausage Potato Cream Soup. Remove sausage with a slotted spoon and drain excess drippings from pot. Return sausage to pot and add potatoes, chicken stock, ½ teaspoon salt, and ¼ teaspoon black pepper. How To Make Creamy Potato Soup with Italian Sausage Soup: Start by browning the sausage and potatoes with onions and garlic.
I also optioned out of the pepper flakes and the dairy (heavy cream). Basically no dairy and not too spicy. This cheesy, creamy, and comforting sausage potato soup is loaded with Italian sausage, golden baby potatoes, veggies, and a cheesy cream base. You can have Italian Sausage Potato Cream Soup using 15 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Italian Sausage Potato Cream Soup
- Prepare of each Idaho potatoes — diced small (1 ¼ pounds).
- Prepare of butter.
- It’s of each leek – whites only- washed well — finely diced.
- It’s of each small onion — finely diced.
- You need of garlic — finely chopped.
- It’s of flour.
- Prepare of chicken stock.
- Prepare of thyme.
- It’s of fennel seed.
- You need of cream.
- You need of salt.
- It’s of pepper.
- It’s of Hot Italian pork sausage links- Cooked — Cut in half on a bias/ half moon shape (You can Double the sausage if desired).
- You need of parmesan cheese.
- It’s of parsley – chopped fine.
My take on the famous "cheeseburger soup" This hearty soup pairs perfectly with a lighter side dish like a salad. One-Pot Creamy Sausage and Potato Soup Recipe – So easy with hardly any prep, besides removing the casing from the sausage, with big flavor! Make it in the dutch oven or even in a crockpot. So creamy and not made with Velveeta!
Italian Sausage Potato Cream Soup step by step
- In a sauce pan melt the butter and add the onions, leeks and garlic then cook until light brown..
- Cook off the sausage cool and cut in half on a bias/ half moon shape..
- Dust with flour and stir together and cook to make a compound roux. (About 1 minute).
- Add the diced potatoes, chicken stock, thyme, fennel seed salt and pepper then simmer for 15-20 minutes then add the cream..
- Add the sausage, parmesan cheese until the cheese is melted..
- Add the parsley. Adjust the salt and pepper as needed.
In a Dutch oven, combine the potatoes, broth, water, onion, garlic, salt and pepper. Stir in the Swiss chard, cream, bacon and sausage. I remember my mom making huge pots of potato soup when I was growing up, it was always so dang good. I've made Slow Cooker Cheesy Smoked Sausage Idaho Potato Soup and Creamy Ham and Potato Soup. This Tuscan Sausage Potato Soup might be my new favorite and we are loving this Quick Smoked Sausage and Potato Soup too.