Bok Choy Soup. I bought bok choy with no idea how to use it. Heat butter in a stock pot over medium heat; add bok choy, mushrooms, green onions, garlic, and ginger. Ginger Garlic Noodle Soup with Bok Choy is a nutritious, comforting, and flu-fighting twenty-minute recipe made with a vegetarian broth, noodles, mushrooms, and baby bok choy.
Heat oil in a medium pot over a medium-high heat. Once the oil is hot, add in the garlic and turmeric, stir and cook for just a couple of minutes or until the garlic is fragrant. Combine broth, water, celery, scallion whites, garlic, ginger, and chile in a medium saucepan; bring to a boil over high heat. You can have Bok Choy Soup using 14 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Bok Choy Soup
- You need of bok choy.
- Prepare of medium onion (chopped).
- Prepare of minced garlic.
- It’s of soy sauce.
- Prepare of fish sauce.
- It’s of butter.
- You need of water.
- It’s of beef bouillon.
- Prepare of pork bouillon.
- It’s of ground black pepper.
- You need of salt.
- It’s of crushed red pepper flakes.
- You need of Serve with:.
- It’s of White rice.
This bok choy soup is on a normal rotation during the winter but a big batch gets made every time I get sick. The ginger broth is really what makes the soup but the bok choy is always such a nice treat. Also, this soup is great with any type of greens so if you're unable to find bok choy, you can still make this oup! This simple clear soup featuring mushrooms, bok choy, and shrimp is a speedy supper option.
Bok Choy Soup step by step
- Wash bok choy and cut in 1/2 inch to 1inch square pieces. Separate greens and stalk and set aside..
- Melt butter in 5 quart pot. Saute onion and garlic until onion is translucent. Add bok choy stalk and cook until soft, about five minutes. Add soy sauce and ground black pepper and stir until well coated..
- Add water to pot and bring to a boil. Add fish sauce, beef bouillon, pork bouillon, salt, and crushed red pepper. Bring mixture back to a boil stirring occasionally..
- Mix bok choy greens in pot and bring back to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer until greens and stalks and desired tenderness, about 30 minutes..
Serve with gourmet crackers for a light meal. Serve with gourmet crackers for a light meal. Packed with vitamins A, C and K, this leafy 'Chinese cabbage' is available in most grocery stores year-round (although some say it's best in the winter), as well as optimally nutritious and adds a hearty consistency to foods like soup. Let's take a look at what the best recipes of bok choy. The Best Bok Choy Soup Vegetarian Recipes on Yummly