How to Prepare Appetizing Tom-kha-gai (spicy coconut chicken soup)
Tom-kha-gai (spicy coconut chicken soup). This tom kha soup recipe (or Thai coconut chicken soup) is absolutely perfect. Rich and creamy yet tangy and salty, this Thai coconut chicken soup recipe is filling but light and positively bursting with flavor. The very best recipe I've ever made or tried.
Instead of ginger, your supposed to use galangal , that's why it's called tom kha gai. This authentic recipe for Tom Kha Gai (Thai Coconut Chicken Soup) is full of amazing flavor and can be made quickly and easily on the stovetop or What makes this Tom Kha Gai recipe truly authentic is the use of galangal root. So yes, it does require a trip to the Asian Market, but trust me when I tell you. You can cook Tom-kha-gai (spicy coconut chicken soup) using 13 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Tom-kha-gai (spicy coconut chicken soup)
- You need 2 tbsp of canola oil.
- Prepare 1/3 cup of diced red pepper.
- You need 1/2 cup of sliced mushrooms.
- Prepare 1 stick of lemongrass (about 3inch halved lengthwise).
- You need 4 tsp of minced fresh galangel (can substitue ginger).
- You need 4 clove of minced fresh garlic.
- Prepare 1 can of coconut milk.
- You need 4 tbsp of fish sauce.
- It’s 3 cup of chicken stock.
- You need 1 tbsp of sugar.
- It’s 2 cup of cooked shredded chicken.
- You need 1 of chili paste to taste (can substitute crushed red pepper).
- It’s 1 of chopped green onion, cilantro for garnish.
Tom Kha Soup – the EASIEST recipe for Tom Kha Gai or Thai coconut chicken soup with chicken, mushroom and coconut milk, and even better Tom Kha Soup is everyone's favorite Thai coconut chicken soup. Usually under the name tom kha gai, it is one of the most popular Thai recipes. It is one of the easiest, quickest, yet most FLAVORFUL soups you will ever Tom Kha Gai is a popular Thai soup known for its intense galangal, coconut aromatic flavor. This tom kha soup is a spicy hot coconut soup.
Tom-kha-gai (spicy coconut chicken soup) step by step
- heat oil on medium high in small dutch oven.
- sautee next 5 ingredients for 5 mins.
- whisk in next 4 ingredients.
- bring to a soft boil.
- reduce heat to medium low.
- add chicken and desired amount of chili paste or crushed red pepper.
- cook for 10 mins.
- remove lemongrass.
- garnish with diced green onions or cilantro.
It typically includes key ingredients like coconut milk, limes, ginger, chili peppers, lemongrass, chicken, chicken broth Chicken: Opt for organic free-range chicken in this tom kha gai recipe, and you'll get the highest-quality version of this protein source. This easy, low carb & paleo Coconut Chicken Soup has few ingredients & is incredibly good for you! My favorite dish out of all the marinated meats, fresh fruits, spicy soups and curries was this Tom Kha Gai, which is a Coconut Chicken Soup. Tom kha gai is a rich, creamy coconut-based soup that packs a nice sour punch with just the right level of spicy. Prepared with coconut milk, broth, and a mixture of herbs and spices, the base of this recipe is quite low in carbs already.