Recipe: Tasty Wonton Soup
Wonton Soup. Fold wonton in half diagonally to create a triangle, and seal the edges. Fold the two identical corners in on each other and press again to seal. Repeat until all wonton wrappers are filled.
It has lots of healthy veggies and is semi-homemade using frozen wontons. Wonton soup If you've ever had store bought frozen wontons or wontons from a good value Chinese place that probably uses frozen wontons, you will be amazed how different homemade ones are. The main difference is the texture of the filling – because homemade wontons are made with just pure fresh ingredients, NO mysterious fillers! You can cook Wonton Soup using 16 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Wonton Soup
- You need of pre made square wonton wrappers.
- You need of baby bok choi, halved, put into boiling water for 30 seconds, drained, set aside.
- It’s of chicken broth.
- Prepare of garlic, finely minced.
- It’s of green onions, thinly sliced.
- You need of sesame oil.
- It’s of salt or to taste.
- Prepare of white pepper powder or to taste.
- It’s of For the fillings:.
- You need of ground chicken/pork.
- It’s of shrimp, roughly chopped.
- You need of green onions, thinly sliced.
- It’s of garlic, finely minced.
- You need of oyster sauce.
- You need of fish sauce.
- It’s of white pepper powder.
Whenever we're ordering take-out, wonton soup is always a must. See, I have a major thing for wontons. But little did I know that the homemade version is unbelievably easy. The soup is made from boiling shrimp shells, pork bones and dried flounder to give it a distinct taste.
Wonton Soup instructions
- In a big bowl, add all ingredients for the fillings. Mix well..
- Use your fingers, wet the edges of wonton wrapper with water. Place half a tablespoon of filling in the center of wonton wrapper. Fold wonton in half diagonally to create a triangle. Seal the edges. Fold the two corners in on each other, glue them with water, and press to seal. Do the same thing to the rest of wonton wrappers..
- Bring the chicken broth to a boil. Add garlic, salt, and white pepper powder. Add in wontons and cook for more or less 10 minutes. Add sesame oil. Mix well..
- Serve into bowls and garnish with baby bok choi and green onions. Yum! 😋.
Hong Kong wontons were introduced to the area after World War II as street food and later indoor eateries. Wonton is served in variety of sizes with smallest being two wonton and noodles called Sai Yung.  Sichuan cuisine Place stuffed wonton on a wax paper lined baking sheet and cover lightly with a kitchen towel. Repeat until all wontons are made. Bring reserved broth to a boil, cover and reduce heat to medium low. To make the soup: bring the chicken stock to a boil.