Slow Cooker Beer Braised Pork & Black Bean Soup. How to make Beer Braised Pork Carnitas: You'll give the pork a quick spice rub with cumin, oregano, chili powder, paprika, cayenne and salt and pepper. Then you'll sear it on all sides in a couple tablespoons of oil. Transfer pork to a crock pot and add diced onion, smashed garlic and orange juice.
Get the recipe for Slow-Cooker Beer-Braised Pork and Black Bean Soup. My beer-braised brisket is fork-tender, perfect for a crowd, and requires no babysitting. Place it in the slow cooker and go about your day. You can have Slow Cooker Beer Braised Pork & Black Bean Soup using 10 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Slow Cooker Beer Braised Pork & Black Bean Soup
- It’s 24 oz of beer.
- It’s 1 tbsp of canned chipotle chilies.
- Prepare 1 tsp of ground cumin.
- Prepare 1 lb of black beans, rinsed.
- You need 1 1/2 lb of pork butt/shoulder.
- You need 1 of kosher salt.
- It’s 1 of sour cream.
- Prepare 1 of salsa.
- You need 1 of cilantro.
- Prepare 1 large of onion, chopped.
Using beer as the braising liquid immediately adds flavor to the meat — meaning you can get away with fewer ingredients total. Pork chops are a classic dinnertime staple—but they take quite a while to make. Save time and make unbelievably flavorful chops with this. Remove pork from the slow cooker and shred with two forks.
Slow Cooker Beer Braised Pork & Black Bean Soup step by step
- combine all ingredients except sour cream & salsa in crock pot with 3 cups water.
- Cook on low for 8 – 9 hours until beans and pork are tender. Using a fork, pull pork into large pieces.
- Serve with cilantro, sour cream & salsa.
Discard juices and rinse out slow cooker crock. Return shredded pork to slow cooker and stir barbeque sauce into pork. Seasoned and moist, this slow cooker beer braised pork carnitas is so full of flavor, very easy to make and perfect for Taco Tuesday or any night of the week! Carnitas is Spanish for small pieces of braised pork. And here in Southern California, carnitas means tender bites of deliciousness.