How to Prepare Delicious Pork Belly In Tamarind Soup
Pork Belly In Tamarind Soup. For pork sinigang, pork belly is the popular cut to use but pork shoulder, neckbone (butu-buto), tailbone (buntot) or spareribs may also be used. For this recipe, I used pork shoulder, a variety of vegetables and frozen unripe tamarind pods to flavor the broth. This soup is so easy to make.
You can use packaged frozen unripe tamarind pods or tamarind seasoning mix for tamarind based soup. Pork shoulder is my choice of meat for the soup, it is inexpensive, lean, flavorful and simply delicious when combined with all the vegetables. Let's make some soup perfect for this rainy season. You can cook Pork Belly In Tamarind Soup using 9 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Pork Belly In Tamarind Soup
- Prepare of Pork Belly.
- You need of Onion.
- You need of ripe tomato.
- Prepare of lady finger pepper.
- You need of water spinach.
- You need of fresh tamarind.
- You need of salt and pepper.
- It’s of eggplant, radish.
- It’s of string beans.
We will be making Pork Belly in Tamarind Soup or what we call in our country Sinigang na Liempo (Pork Belly). How to Grow The Best Tomatoes The sour taste of tamarind that makes this dish special, simple and easy to prepare. For the pork marinade, heat the sesame oil in a saucepan and fry the shallots, garlic and chillies until softened.
Pork Belly In Tamarind Soup instructions
- wash pork Belly and cut into bite size.
- cut onion and tomato into cubes.
- put pork, tomato and onion in a large pot boil until meat is tender.
- add tamarind wait until tender and attained the soury taste.
- cut all vegetable into wedges except spinach, string beans and lady finger pepper.
- add all vegetable, a dash of salt and pepper to tatse.
Rinse the pork belly with water. Bring it to a boil over medium-high heat. Add the onions, ginger and tomatoes to the pot then bring it to a simmer. Add the sinigang mix or tamarind powder. Remove the pork belly to a sheet tray with a wire rack, and cool uncovered in the fridge.