Recipe: Perfect Pork, Leek And Onion Soup
Pork, Leek And Onion Soup. Adding pork seems like a natural choice for leeks because it has a lot of fat, and fat translates to flavor. When we cook this recipe, we remove a lot of fat but add in any large fat pieces Heat a soup pot over medium-high heat with enough olive oil to coat bottom. Once hot, add in diced leeks, onion, and garlic.
Once all of those are in the pot and browning up, it's time for a little brown sugar and shot of vinegar. Supercook clearly lists the ingredients each recipe uses, so you can find the perfect recipe quickly! Leeks left out in the cold all winter become sweeter and more tender when eaten in the spring—like in this hearty French-style leek onion soup. You can have Pork, Leek And Onion Soup using 15 ingredients and 15 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Pork, Leek And Onion Soup
- It’s of soup.
- You need 8 oz of boneless pork, diced into small cubes.
- You need 1 of leek.
- You need 1/2 of white onion, thinly sliced.
- It’s 1/2 tbsp of olive oil, extra virgin.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of sesame oil.
- Prepare 1/3 tsp of salt, divided.
- Prepare 6 of grinds of fresh black pepper or to taste.
- It’s 1/2 cup of baby kale.
- You need 1 clove of garlic, minced.
- You need 6 cup of chicken broth.
- Prepare of soy sauce to add to finished servings.
- It’s 7 of .1 ounce bag of udon noodles.
- It’s pinch of fennel seeds.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of white wine.
But I was able to salvage enough of my crop to make a hearty little pot of leek and onion soup before (I hope, I hope, I hope) the cold weather is gone for. Neatly chop onion, celery, and leek. Heat oil in large. and add to soup. Season. tough, stringy or soggy, if added too soon.
Pork, Leek And Onion Soup step by step
- Pull outer leaves off of leek. Cut off top green part, root end and slice thin..
- In a large bowl of cold water, place sliced leeks, breaking apart rings. Soak for 10 minutes then stir to help remove dirt. Using a strainer, scoop out leeks trying not to disturb water much leaving dirt and sediment at bottom pf bowl..
- In a large sauce pan heat olive oil over medium heat..
- Add sliced onions , sprinkle a touch of salt over onions and saute for 5 minutes..
- Add in garlic and cook another minute..
- Using a bit more of the salt and all of the pepper, season pork cubes before adding to pot with onions..
- Cook for 4-5 minutes until pork shows no pink color..
- Add in sesame oil and fennel seed..
- Turn heat up to medium high and add in white wine..
- Cook for 4 minutes to cook out alcohol content..
- Now add in broth, leeks and kale. Lower heat back to medium. Taste now for salt content. Add a pinch extra if needed until desired taste..
- Cover and simmer for 20 minutes..
- Uncover, turn off heat and add udon noodles. Let sit 2 minutes. Stir and serve..
- You may add a splash or two of soy sauce to each serving..
- Recipe.by taylor68too..
Add onion, celery, leeks and parsley. Potato, leek and onion soup recipe, easy to make and freeze. Leek and potato soup can be served hot or cold, also called Vichyssoise. All Reviews for Onion Soup Pork Chops. The Onion Leek Soup recipe out of our category Vegetable Soup!