Recipe: Tasty Pork and Red Bean Soup
Pork and Red Bean Soup. Try Our Well Yes!® Cajun Red Bean and Vegetable Soup Today! In a medium pot, add olive oil and butter. When oil is hot, add chopped carrot, onion, celery, tomatoes.
Heat olive oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Place beans in a large bowl; add cool water to cover. Drain beans, discarding water; rinse with cool water. You can cook Pork and Red Bean Soup using 17 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Pork and Red Bean Soup
- You need of Pork Roast.
- Prepare of Bag of Dry Red Beans.
- It’s of Chicken Both.
- You need of water.
- Prepare of Pork Bone.
- It’s of 14 oz. Diced Tomato.
- It’s of Large Carrots.
- Prepare of Yellow Onion.
- Prepare of Sticks of Celery.
- You need of Large Potatos.
- You need of Garlic.
- Prepare of Bacon Bits.
- It’s of Red Pepper Flake.
- Prepare of Chili Power.
- It’s of Parsley.
- You need of Paprika.
- You need of Sage.
Wash meaty pork bones to remove impurities. Red dates: Wash clean & remove pits. This Chinese black bean soup is a popular soup for Chinese ladies in confinement and it is also suitable for men and children as well. Black bean (also known as black turtle bean) have a dense, meaty and mushroomy taste.
Pork and Red Bean Soup instructions
- Soak red beans in water overnight. Rinse off thoroughly before putting them in pot..
- Put in a large cook pot with chicken broth, water, beans, pork bone. Bring to a boil and let cook as you prepare other ingredients. You may want to turn down heat to just a slight noil..
- Saute carrots onions celery red pepper flake and bacon bits and chopped up garlic. Once sauteed to your liking add to pot..
- Add in chopped up pre cooked pork, which maybe left overs from another dinner, potatoes sliced in round pieces, with or without skin, 14 oz can of Diced Tomato with juices, and all the seasonings listed and whatever else you would like to add. Do be careful not to splash yourself when adding these ingredients..
- Let slow boil for an hour and turn down to a simmer and let cook until ready a good hour or two. You may need to add more broth or water at some point..
- When done pull out pork bone and serve. Enjoy!.
Some people focus on the soup alone but I find that the beans really fill me up and I enjoy eating them together with rice. Red bean soup (紅豆汤 hóng dòu tāng) is an all time classic Chinese dessert soup. The basic ingredients for this red bean soup recipe are red beans (also known as adzuki beans), dried tangerine peel and rock sugar. Put the beans in a saucepan, cover with fresh water and bring to a boil. Melt the butter in a dutch oven or very large saucepan and cook the onion, garlic, celery and carrot, covered, until softened.