Fall Asian Pork & Pumpkin Soup. Something I came up with on the fly that turned out pretty good and perfect for the upcoming weather. Also really good w/ subbing for chicken 🙂 Chinese pork belly dishes are some of the most favored ad authentic dishes found their way from China to western countries. The Chinese five-spice powder adds the smoky/umami flavor, but it doesn't take much— many people are very sensitive to in so use it sparingly.
Master chef John Zhang show you how to make ribs that's easily fall-off-the-bone with step by steps. Try these Asian-inspired pork recipes tonight. Fall off the Bone Chinese Spareribs. You can cook Fall Asian Pork & Pumpkin Soup using 12 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Fall Asian Pork & Pumpkin Soup
- You need of Pork Chop (cubed).
- It’s of Scallion.
- Prepare of Small Pumpkin (chopped).
- It’s of Sliced Mushroom.
- You need of Can Peas (drained).
- You need of chopped onion.
- You need of garlic powder.
- Prepare of coconut milk.
- Prepare of chicken stock.
- It’s of Swanson Thai ginger stock.
- Prepare of Cilantro (chopped).
- Prepare of ground black pepper.
Asian slow cooker recipes are a favorite in our home, and this one is perfect for fall and winter evenings. A pork roast cooks all afternoon with sweet onions, honey, soy sauce and ginger for fabulous flavor. The aroma fills the house with a scent that cries out, 'Welcome home!' —Sheree Shown, Junction City, Oregon Slow Cooker Chinese Barbecue Pork. Who knew Chinese Barbecue Pork could be so easy to make at home?!
Fall Asian Pork & Pumpkin Soup step by step
- Add pumpkin, mushroom, peas, and onion to large pot on high heat for about 15 mins. Stirring every 5 mins..
- To pot, add both Thai ginger stock and chicken stock. Bring to a boil for about 10 mins..
- Add cubed pork chop and garlic powder. Stir. Let simmer for about 10 mins..
- While pot is simmering, chop scallion stalk into 1/5 pieces, add cilantro, and add to pot..
- Once pot has simmered for about 10 mins, turn off heat and add coconut milk. Stir..
- Salt and pepper to taste.
I used pork butt for this recipe because it's the perfect cut of meat for the slow cooker. Recipe: Sticky Barbecued Pork With Asian Greens. This shiny, lacquered pork pairs beautifully with Asian greens and looks beautiful on a platter. Warm yourself up with this comforting plate of sausages and mash. For such a simple soup, this recipe for Vietnamese Pumpkin Soup with Pork packs a whole lot of comforting fall favor.