TONJIRU (Pork Miso Soup). Tonjiru is a savory pork and vegetable miso soup with an excellent source of B vitamins, fiber, and minerals and it's nourishing and oh-soul-fulfilling! I've previously shared my Basic Tofu Miso Soup recipe and today I'd like to share my favorite miso soup recipe called Tonjiru (豚汁), literally meaning. Tonjiru (豚汁) is a hearty miso soup with pork slices and vegetables.
This tonjiru recipe combines miso soup with sliced pork and root vegetables for a hearty and filling soup meal that is quick and easy to prepare. Warm yourself up during the winter with this easy tonjiru pork soup recipe. Tonjiru is a classic winter dish of slowly stewed slices of pork mixed with. You can have TONJIRU (Pork Miso Soup) using 16 ingredients and 15 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of TONJIRU (Pork Miso Soup)
- You need 1000 ml of (about 4 U.S. cup) water.
- It’s 150 g (1/3 lb) of sliced pork belly.
- Prepare 1/2 of gobo (burdock root).
- You need 1/2 of carrot.
- Prepare 2 inch of daikon.
- It’s 2 of satoimo (baby taro).
- It’s 1 of small sweet potato.
- You need 1/2 of leak.
- Prepare 2 of Shitake.
- It’s 1/3 block of konnyaku (konjac).
- You need 1/2 block of tofu.
- It’s 1 tsp of grated ginger.
- You need 2 tsp of soy sauce.
- It’s 2 tsp of MIRIN.
- You need 4 of and 1/2 tbsp MISO.
- You need 2 tsp of sesame oil.
We are making healthy, nutritious Tonjiru, pork miso soup with lots of vegetables. The root vegetables and pork will warm you up. Tonjiru or Butajiru (豚汁,とん汁,とんじる) – both literally mean pig/pork juice — is a Japanese soup made with pork and vegetables, flavoured with miso. Tonjiru (Pork & Veggies Miso Soup).
TONJIRU (Pork Miso Soup) step by step
- Cut pork into bite-sized pieces..
- Peel the Daikon and Carrot. Cut into quarter rounds..
- Remove dirt from the burdock, Make a lengthwise cross shape incision.Cut it with a knife as if you were sharpening pencil. Soak it in water about 5 minutes. Then rinse and drain the burdock..
- Tear the block of konnyaku with your hands..
- Slice Shitake..
- Peel Satoimo and sweet potato. Cut into bite-size..
- Slice leek..
- Heat the salad oil in a large pot, and fry the pork..
- When the pork is cooked, Add the all vegetables and konnyaku. Stir together..
- Pour water into a large pot..
- When it starts to a boil, skim off the scum..
- Tear the block of tofu with your hands, And add them..
- Simmer until the vegetables are tender..
- Dissolve the miso into the stock. And, Add soy sauce, MIRIN, sesame oil and grated ginger..
- Ready to eat!.
Put Sesame oil into a pot. Add pork to the pot, cook until colour turns white. Add all veggies to the pot except spring onion. Stir well until all veggies coated by oil. Combining flavorful ingredients like pork belly and shiitake mushrooms with classic Japanese seasonings like mirin and dashi, this hearty tonjiru soup will delight friends and family when you whip it up in your home kitchen.