TONJIRU (Pork Miso Soup). Tonjiru is a savory pork and vegetable miso soup with an excellent source of B vitamins, fiber, and minerals and it's nourishing and oh-soul-fulfilling! I've previously shared my Basic Tofu Miso Soup recipe and today I'd like to share my favorite miso soup recipe called Tonjiru (豚汁), literally meaning "pork (ton) soup (jiru)". Tonjiru (豚汁) is a hearty miso soup with pork slices and vegetables.
When I was in college, I used to make a big pot of this pork and vegetable miso soup and ate it throughout the week. Recipe Pin It I've told you guys before about my tonjiru (豚汁) before, with big chunks of pork belly and vegetables, it's more like a hearty pork and miso stew than. Tonjiru (or Butajiru) is a kind of Miso Soup with pork and a lot of root vegetables such as Gobo (burdock root) and carrot. You can have TONJIRU (Pork Miso Soup) using 16 ingredients and 15 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of TONJIRU (Pork Miso Soup)
- It’s 1000 ml of (about 4 U.S. cup) water.
- You need 150 g (1/3 lb) of sliced pork belly.
- It’s 1/2 of gobo (burdock root).
- You need 1/2 of carrot.
- It’s 2 inch of daikon.
- Prepare 2 of satoimo (baby taro).
- You need 1 of small sweet potato.
- Prepare 1/2 of leak.
- Prepare 2 of Shitake.
- It’s 1/3 block of konnyaku (konjac).
- Prepare 1/2 block of tofu.
- You need 1 tsp of grated ginger.
- You need 2 tsp of soy sauce.
- It’s 2 tsp of MIRIN.
- You need 4 of and 1/2 tbsp MISO.
- You need 2 tsp of sesame oil.
Even though it is a Miso soup, Tonjiru tastes very different from ordinary Miso Soup. Tonjiru has a distinct pork flavor and strong taste from Gobo. Tonjiru is a classic winter dish of slowly stewed slices of pork mixed with vegetables and served in a dashi and miso flavoured soup broth. A popular recipe all over Japan due to being quick, easy, versatile, and delicious, this soup is bound to become a favourite in your household as well.
TONJIRU (Pork Miso Soup) instructions
- Cut pork into bite-sized pieces..
- Peel the Daikon and Carrot. Cut into quarter rounds..
- Remove dirt from the burdock, Make a lengthwise cross shape incision.Cut it with a knife as if you were sharpening pencil. Soak it in water about 5 minutes. Then rinse and drain the burdock..
- Tear the block of konnyaku with your hands..
- Slice Shitake..
- Peel Satoimo and sweet potato. Cut into bite-size..
- Slice leek..
- Heat the salad oil in a large pot, and fry the pork..
- When the pork is cooked, Add the all vegetables and konnyaku. Stir together..
- Pour water into a large pot..
- When it starts to a boil, skim off the scum..
- Tear the block of tofu with your hands, And add them..
- Simmer until the vegetables are tender..
- Dissolve the miso into the stock. And, Add soy sauce, MIRIN, sesame oil and grated ginger..
- Ready to eat!.
We are making healthy, nutritious Tonjiru, pork miso soup with lots of vegetables. The root vegetables and pork will warm you up. How to Make Tonjiru Pour off and discard the excess pork marinade, then stir the pork into the soup. Tonjiru is a kind of miso soup, simmered with pork and vegetables. It has more ingredients than that of miso soup that you may know.