Easiest Way to Make Perfect Ton-Jiru (Pork & Vegetable Miso Soup)
Ton-Jiru (Pork & Vegetable Miso Soup). Tonjiru is a savory pork and vegetable miso soup with an excellent source of B vitamins, fiber, and minerals and it's nourishing and oh-soul-fulfilling! Tonjiru (sometimes called Butajiru) is a hearty pork and vegetable miso soup. Tonjiru (豚汁) is a hearty miso soup with pork slices and vegetables.
Tonjiru (豚汁), which is also sometimes called Butajiru, literally means "pork soup" and is a mainstay at the dinner table during the frigid months of winter. We are making healthy, nutritious Tonjiru, pork miso soup with lots of vegetables. The root vegetables and pork will warm you up. You can cook Ton-Jiru (Pork & Vegetable Miso Soup) using 8 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Ton-Jiru (Pork & Vegetable Miso Soup)
- You need of Sliced Pork.
- You need of White Radish (Daikon Radish).
- It’s of Carrot.
- It’s of Leek.
- It’s of Water.
- You need of Japanese Soup Stock.
- Prepare of Miso.
- Prepare of Salad Oil.
Tonjiru is like an upgraded, meatier version of classic miso soup. It literally means "pork soup" and it's a hearty soup that can be perfect for any kind of meal. Tonjiru or Butajiru (豚汁,とん汁,とんじる) – both literally mean pig/pork juice — is a Japanese soup made with pork and vegetables, flavoured with miso. Compared to normal miso soup, tonjiru tend to be more substantial.
Ton-Jiru (Pork & Vegetable Miso Soup) instructions
- Cut the White Radish & Carro into 3 to 4mm thick quarters. Slice the Leek into 1 to 2mm. Cut the sliced pork into bite size..
- Heat the Salad Oil in a pot and cook the Pork until turns colour..
- Add the White Radish & Carrot in the pan and stir-fry until the oil has been absorbed..
- Add 800ml water. When it comes to a boil, turn to low heat and simmer till tender while removing the scum..
- Mix in and add the Miso with a small amount cooking soup, then add the Japanese Soup Stock. Add the Leek..
Pork Tonjiru Miso Soup with Winter Vegetables. Tonjiru (Pork & Veggies Miso Soup). Put Sesame oil into a pot. Add pork to the pot, cook until colour turns white. Add all veggies to the pot except spring onion.