Recipe: Perfect Pork Ribs Soup with Fermented Turnips
Pork Ribs Soup with Fermented Turnips. chinese. turnip. porkribs. soup. boil. chinese. This simple turnip soup uses turnip greens too – perfect if you're lucky enough to get turnips with their greens still attached. Feel free to use loose turnips and a bunch of hearty cooking greens (turnip greens are great to use but any kind will be delicious in this soup).
This hearty and tasty pork rib soup with daikon is a perfect comforting soup recipe to help warm you up in the winter. To start, I immersed the pork ribs (I used baby back ribs) with COLD water in a pan. Then brought to boil over high heat. You can have Pork Ribs Soup with Fermented Turnips using 8 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Pork Ribs Soup with Fermented Turnips
- You need 4 of pork ribs.
- You need 1 handful of fermented turnips (sweetened).
- You need 4 of fried tofu.
- It’s 1 tbsp of soy sauce.
- Prepare 2 of garlic (smash).
- You need of Salt.
- You need of Pepper.
- It’s of Sugar.
I wouldn't worried about scooping off the foam and fat. We used pork ribs for this recipe, but you could also use pork neck bones. If you can't find fresh lotus roots, you can substitute dried lotus roots. You'll just have to rehydrate them first.
Pork Ribs Soup with Fermented Turnips instructions
- Boil some water while preparing all ingredients..
- When the water start to boil, put the ribs and garlics in to bring out the aroma. Next, when the pork ribs have started to boil, put the fermented turnips in to give some flavor..
- Season with salt, soy sauce, pepper and sugar. Then lastly, put the fried tofu in. Bring to boil and set aside until reaching 45 minutes to bring all the flavour come out..
I like to serve the soup with light soy sauce as a dipping. Toasted Spiced Ham Drizzled in Honey. KF Seetoh's Coffee Pork Ribs with Caramelized Pineapple. Preserve salted radish also known as preserved turnip is very popular with Sino-Khmer cooking. Pastina, tossed with butter, was baby's first solid.