Pizza Soup. Order Papa John's® & Enjoy Delicious Handcrafted Pizza. Order Your Delivery or Carryout Meal Online Today! Contest-Winning Pizza Soup This robust soup is a family favorite, and it's a big hit with my canasta group as well.
Pizza Soup might sound strange but it really is just a hearty Italian-style soup full of flavors like sausage, pepperoni, green peppers and onions! Pizza Soup Do y'all enjoy soup as a whole meal, not just as a side dish or appetizer? Put a large pot or Dutch oven on high heat. You can cook Pizza Soup using 11 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Pizza Soup
- It’s 3 clove of of garlic, minced.
- It’s 1 of Onion, diced.
- You need 6 oz of Can Tomato Paste.
- Prepare 28 oz of can whole tomatoes, undrained.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of Water.
- It’s 1 lb of Italian Sausage.
- You need 14 oz of Beef Broth.
- It’s 1/2 of Red Bell Peppers, chopped.
- Prepare 5 oz of Bag Pepperoni.
- Prepare 2 1/2 can of Sliced Black Olives.
- Prepare 1 of Red Pepper Flakes.
Add the broth, diced tomatoes, tomato sauce, oregano and black pepper. In an ovenproof Dutch oven or soup pot over medium heat, heat oil. Add onions and peppers and season with salt. I've made pizza soup before & I found this recipe to guide me.
Pizza Soup step by step
- In a large pot, melt the ghee over medium high heat. Add in the garlic, thyme and half of the onion. Sauté for 3-5 minutes until the onion is translucent. Then add the tomato paste, canned tomatoes and water. Bring to a boil, then reduce the heat and simmer for 20 minutes. Put the tomato base into a blender in two batches. Blend until completely smooth..
- Cook the Italian sausage in a frying pan over medium high heat. Continuously break apart the sausage into small pieces with a spatula while it cooks..
- Sauté the bell pepper, remaining onion and mushrooms in the large pot for 5 minutes. Stir in the beef broth, tomato soup base and Italian sausage and simmer until serving..
- While the soup finishes cooking, halve the pepperoni and brown it in a small frying pan over medium high heat. To assemble the soup, ladle it into a bowl. Top it with the browned pepperoni, a few olives and crushed red pepper..
Remove the pepperoni with a slotted. Pizza Soup loaded with sausage and pepperoni – This easy cheesy soup is made with pizza sauce and mozzarella cheese. Family friendly, low carb favorite for a quick meal! This pizza soup loaded with sausage and pepperoni is so great! No pasta, so it's low carb.