Recipe: Tasty Zuppa Toscana Soup
Zuppa Toscana Soup. Pour the chicken broth into the Dutch oven with the bacon and onion mixture; bring to a boil over high heat. Transfer to a plate to drain. Zuppa Toscana Soup that's Even Better than Olive Garden's!
Olive Garden Zuppa Toscana Soup Recipe. It went bananas and has since been one of the most popular recipes on my site. You don't have to venture out to your favorite Italian restaurant to get this classic, decadently satisfying sausage and potato soup. You can have Zuppa Toscana Soup using 10 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Zuppa Toscana Soup
- Prepare 10 cup of cups water.
- Prepare 7 each of chicken bouillon cubes.
- You need 1 tsp of salt.
- You need 2 tsp of garlic paste.
- It’s 3 large of russet potato.
- You need 1 lb of ground Italian sausage.
- It’s 1 large of white onion.
- Prepare 1 bunch of fresh kale.
- It’s 1 cup of heavy cream.
- Prepare 6 tbsp of bacon bits.
This so-simple rendition is simmered to perfection in your own kitchen using the slow cooker. Heavy cream is the key to the rich, full-bodied broth–but if you wanted to lighten the soup up a bit, you can replace half of the heavy cream with half-and-half. Transfer to a paper towel-lined plate with a slotted spoon; set aside to drain. This Easy Olive Garden Zuppa Toscana Soup is a super quick and simple copycat recipe with rich, creamy flavor you can't resist!.
Zuppa Toscana Soup step by step
- Dice onion. Cut up kale and discard stems. Cut potatoes in halves or quarters (long ways) then slice about 1/4 inch.
- In a large stockpot, put water, bouillon, salt, red pepper flakes, garlic, and potatoes. Cook on medium heat, stirring occasionally..
- Sauté the sausage and onion in a skillet, until the sausage is brown, then add it to the stockpot, along with the Kale. Simmer for 20 – 30 minutes, or until Kale and potatoes are tender..
- Add the cream and bacon bits, and simmer for about 10 minutes..
- Notes I use 10 medium size potatoes. Half and Half can be substituted for the heavy cream if desired. Kale can be found in the produce department of most grocery stores. The soup at The Olive Garden is not thick. If you wish yours to be more like a cream soup, simply simmer it longer, and mash some of the potatoes in the pot with a wooden spoon, and stir frequently until of the desired consistency..
If you're like me and can't get enough soup, then you should definitely give this Olive Garden Chicken Gnocchi Soup a try, right before you test out my Instant Pot Pasta e Fagioli Soup and Sausage and White Bean Soup. Heat a large pot over medium-high heat and add oil, onion, garlic, and red chili flakes. Add sausage and cook until browned and cooked through. Zuppa Toscana is a vegetable and bean soup made with kale, zucchini, cannellini beans, potatoes and tomatoes, plus celery, carrots and onion. Historically, most people in the Tuscan countryside would have used affordable seasonal vegetables and beans to make their Zuppa Toscana.