Recipe: Delicious Lasagna Soup
Lasagna Soup. This Lasagna Soup is one of my all time favorites! You get all the flavors of a delicious hearty Lasagna Soup. Lasagna Soup has everything you love about lasagna – all in one bowl of soup!
It's one of my very favorite ways to gather people around our table, to cozy in and take the chill off. A hearty, easy Lasagna Soup recipe — it's like eating your favorite Italian comfort food, only in a bowl! This soup has a meaty tomato base and is topped off with a creamy ricotta-cheese filling. You can cook Lasagna Soup using 19 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Lasagna Soup
- It’s 2 tsp of olive oil.
- Prepare 1 1/2 lb of italian sausage.
- It’s 3 cup of chopped onions.
- You need 4 of garlic cloves, minced.
- You need 2 tsp of dried oregano.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of crushed red pepper flakes.
- You need 2 tbsp of tomato paste.
- Prepare 1 can of 28oz roasted diced tomatoes.
- Prepare 2 of bay leaves.
- Prepare 6 cup of chicken stock.
- It’s 8 oz of mafalda or fusilli pasta.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of finely chopped fresh basil leaves.
- It’s 1 of salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste.
- It’s of CHEESY YUM.
- It’s 8 oz of ricotta.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of grated parmesan cheese.
- You need 1/4 tsp of salt.
- Prepare 1 pinch of of ground pepper.
- It’s 2 cup of shredded mozzarella cheese.
This soup has all of the flavors of lasagna without the hours in the kitchen. Thanks to the Instant Pot(R), it is made with minimal effort and fairly quickly. Lasagna Soup has all of the traditional flavours you love, and comes together in minutes! No layering or waiting around your oven!
Lasagna Soup step by step
- Heat olive oil in a large pot over medium heat. Add sausage, breaking up into bite sized pieces, and brown for about 5 minutes. Add onions and cook until softened, about 6 minutes. Add garlic, oregano, and red pepper flakes. Cook for 1 minute. Add tomato paste and stir well to incorporate. Cook for 3-4 minutes, or until the tomato paste turns a rusty brown color..
- Add diced tomatoes, bay leaves, and chicken stock. Stir to combine. Bring to a boil and then reduce heat and simmer for 30 minutes. Add uncooked pasta and cook until al dente. Do not over cook or let soup simmer for a long period of time at this point, as the pasta will get mushy. Stir in basil and season to taste with salt and ground pepper..
- While the pasta is cooking, prepare the cheesy yum. In a small bowl, combine the ricotta, parmesan, salt, and pepper..
- To serve, place a dollop of the cheesy yum in each soup bowl, sprinkle some of the mozzarella on top and ladle the hot soup over the cheese..
Simply throw all of your ingredients into your slow-cooker or crockpot. This easy Lasagna Soup recipe is one of my favorite soups! Imagine a soup with beef, garlic, onion, and tomato sauce with tender lasagna noodles throughout. For the best lasagna soup, a jar of marinara beats out a can of chopped tomatoes because of the flavor and texture it delivers. Since a lot of marinara sauces are infused with herbs, spices, and.