Mom's Minestrone Soup. Minestrone soup is so hearty it can stand on its own as the main dish! I fell in love with minestrone at the Olive Garden, so this is a pretty darn close attempt at copying the classic Italian soup. Full of good-for-you beans, veggies, and pasta, this hearty Minestrone Soup is a satisfying vegetarian dinner that will keep you cozy on a cool autumn evening!
By "sort of," I mean my nephew's wife is kickin' it with keto, so she's got my mom following suit. So when we went out to visit recently, Mom had whipped up some lovely, carb-friendly Minestrone all ready for lunch. The soup was fantastic, so I took home the recipe. You can cook Mom's Minestrone Soup using 22 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Mom's Minestrone Soup
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of Dried basil.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of Dried thyme.
- It’s 3 cup of Hot water.
- Prepare 4 cup of Fresh baby spinach.
- You need 1 cup of Ditalini pasta noodles.
- Prepare 3 tbsp of Olive oil.
- It’s 1 cup of White onion (minced, about 1 small onion).
- It’s 1/2 cup of Chopped zucchini.
- You need 1/2 cup of Frozen cut Italian green beans.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of Minced celery.
- It’s 4 tsp of Minced garlic (about 4 cloves).
- It’s 4 cup of Vegetable broth.
- Prepare 1 can of 15 oz can light red kidney beans drained.
- It’s 1 can of 15 oz can, dark red kidney beans drained.
- You need 15 oz of 2 cans, small white beans (drained).
- Prepare 2 can of 14 oz can, diced tomatoes.
- You need 1/2 cup of Shredded carrots.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of Minced parsley.
- It’s 1 1/2 tsp of Dried oregano.
- It’s 1 1/2 tsp of Salt.
- It’s 1 tsp of Black pepper.
- You need 1 packages of Johnsonville Italian sausage, cut and browned.
This Minestrone Soup recipe is my tried and true version of this classic Italian soup. It's not my mom's minestrone recipe. While I love my Slow Cooker Minestrone recipe, this busy mom REALLY loves this fast version! And truthfully, I think the flavor of this Instant Pot version is better!
Mom's Minestrone Soup instructions
- Brown sausage and set aside (add after everything else is cooked).
- Heat olive oil over medium heat in large pot.
- Sauté onion, celery, garlic, green beans and zucchini in oil for 5 minutes.
- Add vegetable broth, tomatoes, beans, carrots, hot water and spices.
- Bring to boil. Then reduce to simmer for 20 minutes..
- Add spinach leaves, sausage and pasta. Cook for 20 minutes..
This easy Instant Pot minestrone soup recipe has become one of our favorite healthy Instant Pot recipes because it's full of flavor. With three kids and both of us working full time we need all the help we can get. Especially when it comes to making quick and healthy dinners. Mom's Minestrone Soup Minestrone soup is great way to use up extra vegetables. My mom has a way with soup.