How to Make Yummy Sausage Soup
Sausage Soup. Delicious sausages made with premium ingredients. Sweet Italian sausage is combined in chicken broth with bow-tie pasta, tomatoes, carrots, and shredded cabbage in this soup seasoned with basil and garlic salt. In a stockpot or Dutch oven, brown sausage with garlic.
Many years ago I watched chef and TV personality Mario Batali make an Italian soup that had fennel, garlic and bread as the base. In the same pan, combine the potatoes, corn, broth, celery, carrot and seasonings. Add the milk, cheese, parsley and sausage. You can cook Sausage Soup using 14 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Sausage Soup
- You need of Italian sausage (1 lb. mild & 1 lb. hot).
- You need of yellow onion (chopped).
- It’s of celery (chopped).
- It’s of garlic (minced).
- It’s of 28 oz. can diced tomatoes.
- Prepare of roma tomatoes (diced).
- It’s of 32 oz. box of chicken broth.
- It’s of olive oil.
- It’s of fresh oregano (chopped).
- Prepare of dried basil.
- You need of fresh thyme (chopped).
- You need of salt & pepper to taste.
- It’s of small soup shells.
- You need of parmesan or romano cheese for garnish.
Cook and stir over low heat until cheese is melted and soup is heated through. In Dutch Oven, brown sausage with garlic. Stir in broth, tomatoes and carrots, season with salt and pepper. Heat oil in heavy large Dutch oven over medium-high heat.
Sausage Soup instructions
- remove sausage from casings.
- chop onion, celery, roma tomatoes, oregano, and thyme.
- mince garlic.
- heat olive oil in large soup pot.
- crumble sausage into pot, and cookutil no longer pink.
- add onions, celery, tomatoes, chicken broth, mix well and add oregano, basil, and thyme and bring to a boil.
- reduce heat and simmer for thirty minutes.
- after thirty minutes, add shells and cook until done, about 15 minutes.
- cook garlic bread to serve with meal and enjoy.
Heat a large pot over medium-high heat. Melt butter in a soup pot over medium heat. Use a slotted spoon to remove sausage to a bowl, leaving behind any butter in the pot. Italian Sausage Soup recipe for a creamy, comforting soup with noodles that is full of flavor and perfect for a family dinner during the cold winter months! The holiday season is so busy and it's important to have a hearty dinner to keep you going.